Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke
I use to be the project manager for a parts supplier to Homelite. 50 hours is the required design lifespan for consumer products but I'm surprised that Stihl consumer stuff has same rating as the cheap stuff. So Echo doesn't have a consumer line?

This is surprising as nothing Stihl makes is cheap so I would expect more for their entry line of products.

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke #32  
Yes I use only 100% gas in all my mowers and small engine power tools. Atv's also. Add little fuel stabilizer and you will never have issues up to 1 year of sitting.

Look up the APP called "Pure Gas". It will show you dealers in your area. The demand for this fuel is growing because of the water issues derived from ethanol based fuels. The dealer network is growing too.

If you live in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts (sometimes called "Taxachusetts", or the "Pocahontas" state) you CANNOT BUY ethanol free gas!
There are no such "dealers"! It is against the law to sell it!
The fix: Go to your local airport, and buy 100LL (low lead) aviation gas.
My nearest small airport is about 15 miles away, so when I am near there, I usually pick up a few gallons.
I use ONLY 100LL in my 8N, my 3400 Ford (gas), my 2 mowers, 2 chain saws, and 2 trimmers, and 6500W Honda generator.
100LL is very expensive, but I probably don't use more than 25 gallons each year.
Small price for peace of mind!
Only problem is how to use it up when I drain old fuel and replace.
Can't put the old 100LL in a car with a catalytic converter.

Why in mass is pure gas outlawed? Too good on equipment? To much energy in it? Lol

I I never could understand why we went to ethanol-based fuels when it has a lower energy content and is much harder on fuel systems. Go figure.

It's cheaper in price but you have to use more of it to accomplish the same amount of work so at the end you haven't gained anything. But that's our government at work.....

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke #34  
Why in mass is pure gas outlawed? Too good on equipment? To much energy in it? Lol

I I never could understand why we went to ethanol-based fuels when it has a lower energy content and is much harder on fuel systems. Go figure.

It's cheaper in price but you have to use more of it to accomplish the same amount of work so at the end you haven't gained anything. But that's our government at work.....

Same here..... just Follow the Money........

More ethanol in fuel means you have to buy more fuel, to do the same work. Tax revenue increases.

Stations exceed posted ethanol limits often enough.... equipment breaks down..... more repairs are needed. Tax revenue increases.

Next verse, same as the first.....

On topic... interesting to see others take on the 4Mix re. operating rpm.... I prefer how it is set up, but it would be a boring world if we all like the same things....

Rgds, D.

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke #35  
I'v heard Stihl maybe leaving the 4mix going to stratus charged 2 stroke like most their competitors. I personally think they will. Higher Rpms, less weight, less maintenance. Seems like a no brainer to me. 7000 rpms vs 11000 is really a big difference and is why you will never see a Stihl 4mix chainsaw. Interestingly enough their pole saws are 4 mix but some complain of slow performance.

Not sure of all 4mix engines but the one on my FS130 is rated for 10,200 rpm before ignition coil limiter kicks in.

Wow that's pretty high. So why doesn't Stihl use them in chainsaws if they are that high and have more torque. Seems like a no brainer to me.

By the way just bought this 4mix pole saw last night. Was used one time and the owner said was too heavy for him. He was a very small man. Less than 5' tall and couldn't been over 100lbs. so I can see why. Had original receipt for when purchased last month for close to $700 but sold it to me for $450. Will try it out this weekend.

IMG_1976.JPG

It really sounds cool running as it has a deep tone to it. The Schwarzenegger of pole saws. Lol

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke #38  
Wow that's pretty high. So why doesn't Stihl use them in chainsaws if they are that high and have more torque. Seems like a no brainer to me.

By the way just bought this 4mix pole saw last night. Was used one time and the owner said was too heavy for him. He was a very small man. Less than 5' tall and couldn't been over 100lbs. so I can see why. Had original receipt for when purchased last month for close to $700 but sold it to me for $450. Will try it out this weekend.

View attachment 498057

You will like that saw. I have one just like it. That's a great deal you go on it too.

TBS

/ Stihl 4 mix vs Echo 2 stroke #39  
I had an Echo 2 stroke and now upgraded to a more powerful 4 stroke Stihl. I have to say...I miss the engine control i got from 2 stroke engine. there's a response delay with 4S and it's 100% all out not much control or usability at less than full trigger. the 2S was better with delicate areas and i feel i could save string by not being all out all the time. if i had a re-do, i would have gotten a light weight 2S.

Just used it this evening. Dang..... that sucker goes through limbs like a knife through hot butter.