Stihl KM 131R kombi review

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review #91  
The combi system is nice with the ability to break it down for hauling and moving it to the job site over the long extendable poles. The extendable is able to be longer at a sacrifice to the lighter weight and easier to handle kombi units.
I have an extendable pole saw now and use it frequently. It can get a little heavy but it can get up there and cut.

The attractiveness of the Kombi unit, to me, is the ability to switch attachments and not have to have several more dedicated units.

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review
Used our Stihl KM 131R kombi for one year and this spring, it was starting to get harder to start. I took it to our dealer for a tune-up kit and he said the plug, fuel filter and the arrestor were all getting dirty. Tune up ran us $18 (y)

Heading to camp this weekend to clear another trail.

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review #93  
Used our Stihl KM 131R kombi for one year and this spring, it was starting to get harder to start. I took it to our dealer for a tune-up kit and he said the plug, fuel filter and the arrestor were all getting dirty. Tune up ran us $18 (y)

A bargain (y)

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review #94  

Had to do the same with mine this year. It’s well worth it, it’s running like a champ!

Mike

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review #95  
I have had mine for 10 years? or so. Same plug. Same fuel filter. I must be doing something wrong.

I have had mine for 10 years? or so. Same plug. Same fuel filter. I must be doing something wrong.
The plug and spark arrestor were both a tad dirty. The shop also adjusted the valves and it does start easy again. We might use our power tools more than most owners do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Stihl KM 131R kombi review #97  
The plug and spark arrestor were both a tad dirty. The shop also adjusted the valves and it does start easy again. We might use our power tools more than most owners do. :rolleyes:
(y) I was told the Stihl shops even computer tune the engines. Not sure if that is true or they meant they just use a tachometer. But it does help.

/ Stihl KM 131R kombi review #98  
^^^^
I've used mine to clear several acres over the past couple years with the mulching blade. It was starting to feel weak.

The tune-up and made it run like new again.

Mike

This week we picked up a string head for this unit. Didn't get any good photos of it but will get some in time.
P1110287.jpg