Stolen Tractor Registry?

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #11  
What better place than right here on TBN! Muhammad? You out there? Just make it another "forum", with appropriate disclaimers of course.

Dennis

Another thought is that for the info to be useful it would have to be presented in a searchable format. Something such as; Brand/Model/Serial Number/Location/Description/Police Report#/Contact Info...

The info need be presented in such a way that one could scroll down the posts and see the critical info (Brand/Model) without having to open the post.

FWIW,
Dennis

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #12  
I was looking at a motorcycle, owner had no title. stopped at the police station wanted them to check vin number before I bought it. They said they could not use their computer for personal use, wouldn't you think they would be curious if it was stolen or not? I left pretty disappointed in our county law enforcement. I think a place to look up stolen tractor serial numbers would be a great idea.

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #13  
My county requires a one-time registration of tractors purchased new. They charge like $25 or so. I complained. they said it's for theft protection.

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #17  
There is more trafficking in something else that Law Enforcement has been wanting a National Data Base on for years but let someone mention one and the uproar starts that the Government is coming to take away our ......

Trafficking in stolen goods or other illegal products is a very very very large and profitable business for some. Each Community or neighborhood has someone who always drives a late model truck or car, lives in a nice home, yet has never worked a day in their life.

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #18  
My county requires a one-time registration of tractors purchased new. They charge like $25 or so. I complained. they said it's for theft protection.

Well, that's the government for you.

However, this is a free (supposedly) country. Nothing says you can't decide to set up your own service and charge a more competitive rate. :)

/ Stolen Tractor Registry? #20  
So, in that you're paying for a registry service, can you, as a regular citizen access that registry?

Dunno. Never tried. I've always viewed as just another form of taxation. The dealership collected it at time of purchase. I don't have a problem with the fee. Not sure it could be done (right) for less. I have a problem with mandatory participation (payment). If it protects me and I choose not to be protected, that's my perogative.