Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #12  
Not a tractor. I had a large pile of scrap metal. They came during the day, loaded up the scrap metal along with my tiller and mower for my small garden tractor. Did not take the tractor. As these are made only to attach to the garden tractor, I am sure they were sold for scrap. They can not be replace due to age. So I have a Bolens garden tractor with no attachments.
I now have locked gates and I still find people on the property looking around.
One guy called me at work and wanted to know if I wanted to sell my JD 450H dozer. He said that it started and seemed in good condition(JD keys fit all). He had come thru locked gates, past no trespassing signs, started my dozer, and who knows what else. I told him I now had his phone number and would press charges if I found anything missing. I had nothing for sale and if I ever did, I would put it by the road with a sign, not behind my barn. Which is 50 yards off the road.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #13  
I know a guy....LOL. He runs a concrete foundation business. He bought a retired firetruck and repurposed it for hauling his wood forms. I found it interesting how some fire departments used to glue the key into the ignition so anyone could move the truck in an emergency. He never bothered changing out the ignition switch and the truck was never stolen before he replaced it.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #14  
With no lights or reflectors on the tractor and it being pitch dark outside with no street lights on a narrow road. He almost got a ride in a ambulance. Cause I dam near hitting him. The pick up was roland a lot faster than that 8N.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot
I think at the end of the day you have professional motivated thieves and opportunist. Regardless, insurance is needed and no point in worrying about it. I would hate to lose my tractor but insurance is covers situations you have no control over. Unfortunately the POS opportunist often trash your equipment if they can not steal it and you end up on the loosing end. Best we can hope for is catching them in the act.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #16  
A friend makes deliveries to farms. Often he has to use a tractor. It blows my mind, how many tractors are left on the farm with the keys in it. Helll, many have probably never have had the keys taken out.

Even yesterday, I had to remind a little old lady in the Grocery store to watch her purse in her cart as she was looking at the meat. Those opportunists are out there and thieves have a nose for money it seems.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #17  
A friend makes deliveries to farms. Often he has to use a tractor. It blows my mind, how many tractors are left on the farm with the keys in it. Helll, many have probably never have had the keys taken out.

Even yesterday, I had to remind a little old lady in the Grocery store to watch her purse in her cart as she was looking at the meat. Those opportunists are out there and thieves have a nose for money it seems.

Why would you both taking the key out. They’d just get lost and cost you money in lost time. Anyone with the means to successfully steal any sell a utility tractor probably has a key.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #18  
I just don't believe in making things any easier for criminals than possible. The old guy that got me into the security business told me, that security always represents inconveniance. I will never forget that. I'm also somewhat tired of trying to convince people. But when they get robbed, they are all freaked out.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #19  
My dad suggested about about 10 toggle switches in a row that vary from broken and closed switches so the sequence has to be right to get power all the way across to start. He intended it as a joke but it sounds like a pretty good idea. You could take some fine grit sandpaper like 1000 grit to put some wear on the wrong switches to make it more secure.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #20  
It's a GREAT idea. Hook some up to the horn as well. An extra horn or Ahhooga would be fun too!