Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #31  
is anyone cloning sasquatch's ? i think we should start that kind of a farm and maybe have a few of them hanging around for just such occasions? I would be willing to train them to drive tractors and also to run the backhoe to keep the rest of us out of trouble and install radios for them that play Lawrence Welk I also have a pair of clippers to keep them presentable.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #32  
searcyfarms, unlawful use of a weapon is illegal. I can't see how you never got arrested for that. Unlawful Use of a Weapon | Sansone & Lauber "displaying a deadly weapon in a threatening manner"... and you could wind up getting shot too, the victim would feel their life is in danger, and shoot you in self defense.. look up the definition of Menacing.. it's amazing the Sheriff didn't arrest you, actually, incredible.. Deadly Weapons are only to be used to defend someone from deadly, or serious bodily harm.. Nothing you mentioned justified doing that..

I guess you missed the part of his story where he said they drove their car AT him while he was on his horse.

I probably would have shot them for that. Trying to kill me with a deadly weapon (a car is a deadly weapon when someone is trying to run you over with it).

I just don't get some people.

Now me, I would have had my M-14, not my 12 ga.

7.62 NATO will go right through a car, unless you hit the engine block. But windshields, car doors? No problem. Buckshot can be "iffy", depending on the car.

And yes, this is EXACTLY what backhoes are for. Who calls the sheriff?

S.S.S.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #33  
I guess you missed the part of his story where he said they drove their car AT him while he was on his horse.

I probably would have shot them for that. Trying to kill me with a deadly weapon (a car is a deadly weapon when someone is trying to run you over with it).

I just don't get some people.

Now me, I would have had my M-14, not my 12 ga.

7.62 NATO will go right through a car, unless you hit the engine block. But windshields, car doors? No problem. Buckshot can be "iffy", depending on the car.

And yes, this is EXACTLY what backhoes are for. Who calls the sheriff?

S.S.S.
I've been on the other end of that one. I topped a hill to see two horseback riders off in the distance. I immediately began to slow; when about 100 yards away I had dropped from 50 to about 35 and was still slowing when she started screaming at me. They were in the right lane so I pulled way to the left intending to go around them; when she started in I began to pay too much attention to her so was still doing about 30 when she pulled her horse into my lane to block me, still screaming at me to slow down.
On another occasion on a private gravel road I encountered 2 numb nuts with 3 horses. Again one of the riders blocked the road with his horse while the other gained control of the free roaming animal. As mentioned this was a private road although the public is welcome to use; however it was built for and is paid for by log trucks hauling 100,000 lb loads which aren't 'conducive to stopping on a dime because some dunderhead feels that he should block them off with his animal.

Wow, you're from Houghton Michigan!! I have a friend there. Small world! So uhm...where exactly are you located in Houghton MI ? Asking for a friend....:D
(Joking...but catch my drift?)

As other said, may of been coming home from bar, or his friend was.....and now needs to be pulled out of a ditch.

This is basically how old garage door openers were. About 8 DIP switches that you would set to match DIP switch setting on the opener, and any other garage door opener with same switch settings would open door too. I imagine that a lot people only moved one of the switches from the factory setting. (So 00000001 or 10000000 probably gets you into a lot of garages. )

My grandmother would randomly get home to find that her garage door was open. I don't remember why, but she attributed it to being on a flyway of the nearby airport. It could also have been that a neighbor had an opener on the same frequency... or perhaps she just forgot to close it. (Although I doubt the latter, as she rarely forgot anything.)

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #34  
I've been on the other end of that one. I topped a hill to see two horseback riders off in the distance. I immediately began to slow; when about 100 yards away I had dropped from 50 to about 35 and was still slowing when she started screaming at me. They were in the right lane so I pulled way to the left intending to go around them; when she started in I began to pay too much attention to her so was still doing about 30 when she pulled her horse into my lane to block me, still screaming at me to slow down.
On another occasion on a private gravel road I encountered 2 numb nuts with 3 horses. Again one of the riders blocked the road with his horse while the other gained control of the free roaming animal. As mentioned this was a private road although the public is welcome to use; however it was built for and is paid for by log trucks hauling 100,000 lb loads which aren't 'conducive to stopping on a dime because some dunderhead feels that he should block them off with his animal.

My grandmother would randomly get home to find that her garage door was open. I don't remember why, but she attributed it to being on a flyway of the nearby airport. It could also have been that a neighbor had an opener on the same frequency... or perhaps she just forgot to close it. (Although I doubt the latter, as she rarely forgot anything.)

I knew a guy (over 40 years ago and NOT me) that would drive around with his Dad's car and garage opener. He would constantly push the button to see if any doors opened. He would brag how many he got to open. He also thought it would set off radar detectors

I doubt there are many of the old ones like that still in use.

/ Stolen Tractors and Bigfoot #35  
There is the old saying..."Locks only keep honest people out". I get the thought process of reducing easy access, but my belief is that if a thief wants something bad enough,they will get it. I guess if we are talking about a run of the mill junkie who is breaking into places to steal for his next fix.. that may just well be an opportunist thief that will not spend much effort to steal.. and a simple locked door may stop them. ...I hate thieves..