Stopping a snowmobile without injury

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #152  
Does anybody know if chicken wire will stop a snowmobile if it gets caught up in the tracks. Just looking to detain them till i can call the sheriff. Also heard if you lay white nylon rope in the snow it gets tangled in the tracks kinda like chaps do when your chainsawing, Any suggestions will kindly be appreciated, yeah I have already thought of the other stuff, bullets are too expensive.

I don't get your issue. I haven't read about any damage. I'll answer your question anyways.

Harrow sections placed upside down. But if you used that idea I hope you suffer the full extent of the law. Plus ill , among others, will think your a jerk.

Snow fence and shooting range signs are good ideas with no real negatives except of the cost.

Again I don't understand your issue. I have a major connecting train pass right on the edge of my property. Some sleds, small minority have really annoying exhausts. Get over it and yourself. Don't let it ruin your day, lives way to short.

I my particular situation I've a few riders cut through my year through my seedlings, likely broke them too(we'll see in the spring). They sell more.

My advice is pick your battles. Sleds leave little to no permanent damage to the landscape, unlike quads, dirt bikes and TRACTORS.

BTW after 15years since my last sled, this year was my first year of ownership. You may think I'm an ignorant sledder, but I think your a shunning land owner that's hates many things your not into.
Again life's too short.

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #154  
I had hunting land that was posted. A neighbor walking their dog walked between 2 no trespassing signs that were about 15 feet apart. And she proceeded to walk through the woods while I was sitting in my tree trying to bow hunt. Apparently she must have thought the no trespassing signs were for someone else.

You could take the entire premise of this thread and make a paradigm shift to a discussion about dog walkers ignoring no trespassing signs. But somehow painting a picture of the evil dog walking woman who should "just know the laws" might be a tougher sell than talking about those evil snowmobilers. :)

People are going to be people. Some will do things out of ignorance, some because they don't care. If you're a pragmatist, the reason doesn't really matter because you recognize the end result is the same -- either way you need to find a solution.

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #155  
That works moderately well stopping dirt bikes and 4 wheelers too. I've also found that putting up DANGER FIRING RANGE signs and actually shooting every so often keeps them out very well. Funny how it doesn't seem to matter what their native language is.
This suggestion does indeed work.....I have a long paved driveway. My house cannot be seen from the road and people sometimes mistake my driveway for a road and frequently come down my driveway just to see what's back here, I do have "No Trespassing" signs, which are generally ignored. But when I put up a sign that read " CAUTION TARGET SHOOTING IN PROGRESS" that cured it...no unwanted traffic since.

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #156  
This suggestion does indeed work.....I have a long paved driveway. My house cannot be seen from the road and people sometimes mistake my driveway for a road and frequently come down my driveway just to see what's back here, I do have "No Trespassing" signs, which are generally ignored. But when I put up a sign that read " CAUTION TARGET SHOOTING IN PROGRESS" that cured it...no unwanted traffic since.

I had the same problem with my long driveway until I put up a sign.

Warning-Sign.jpg

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #157  
   / Stopping a snowmobile without injury #158  
However they do make a distinction, you may have heard of the terms misdemeanor and felony.

You also are correct. However, they are still both illegal.

/ Stopping a snowmobile without injury #159  
If I remember correctly, it's not trespassing in NH unless the property is properly posted, or the owner confronts the person, identifies him or herself, requests they leave, and they refuse. That falls apart in the immediate vicinity of a home, but the courts have a history of considering it to be trespassing if you're there snooping in windows or messing with your stuff.

what about the difference between "illegal" and "not illegal"? The way I am understanding what is being discussed was the fact that in certain cases (states) what the snowmobiler's are doing is not considered trespassing unless posted/ confronted. "Dr_Zinj's" post was what started this part of the debate, was it not?