Storage/tool box for chainsaw related items?

/ Storage/tool box for chainsaw related items? #21  
I just use an old milk crate to put everything in. KIS

/ Storage/tool box for chainsaw related items?
I just use an old milk crate to put everything in. KIS
I'd need about 4 of them, which kind of defeats my plan of "grab one box and I'm ready to go". Also, not protected from rain and snow (which sadly seems to catch me all to often).

Be sure these containers have lids that are tough enough to sit on. Me, I'd go with the Plano built one.

---------------------------------you say--------------------------------
So far, the leading contenders are the Pano Storage Trunk (probably in the next size up from what ArlyA suggested: Plano 68 quart Storage Trunk), or the IRIS 87.4 Quart Weathertight Storage Box

I like the Plano 68 quart. The only drawback is that the inside width is only 11.25". The two ammo can storage boxes I use for chainsaw parts/tools and my first aid kit are 12.5" long x 7.25" wide. This would make for a really inefficient use of space, since I would have to put them sideways. I could fit the first aid stuff into a regular 50 Cal ammo can (11" long), but not the chainsaw tools. Several items are just a bit too long, and the Fat 50 can is fairly full anyway. Moving up to the next size up (Plano 108 quart) gives a box that is 37" long. I'll have to check whether that fits in all the places I need it to.

I'm using a Greenlee Job Box. Fits 3 saws, oil, gas, helmet, straps, choker slings, snatch block and still has room to spare. With wheels it will roll right under my work bench when I get to building it.

doesnt sound like its easy to lift in and out.

How's that?

Well, for one, the only spec I can find on the Greenlee box in the size similar to what I'm using says it weighs 48 lbs empty. That's more than my full box weighs now. Is that spec wrong?

If I needed a job box I could leave locked at a work site, I would certainly consider one of their boxes.

Last edited:
   / Storage/tool box for chainsaw related items? #26  
Well, for one, the only spec I can find on the Greenlee box in the size similar to what I'm using says it weighs 48 lbs empty. That's more than my full box weighs now. Is that spec wrong?

If I needed a job bock I could leave locked at a work site, I would certainly consider one of their boxes.
The box is a tad more than 48 pounds. I'll weld some tabs on it to carry it with my tractor then everything is in one place.

/ Storage/tool box for chainsaw related items? #27  
You could always just use your tractor bucket like some of us do. :rolleyes:

I stopped that habit the day I was leveling off berm and my saw suddenly appeared between the front tires. :(

You could always just use your tractor bucket like some of us do. :rolleyes:

I stopped that habit the day I was leveling off berm and my saw suddenly appeared between the front tires. :(
I mangled the front handle on a saw that way. Fortunately, it was an easy and cheap fix with a used handle.

I have carried stuff in my bucket. Normally what I do is put the whole box in the bucket. I can see that from the seat, so I'm less likely to forget it's there.

unfortunately, most of the time I am in "Woods mode", my Forestry grapple is on the front of the tractor, so there's no Bucket available. In that case, it gets put in or strapped on to whatever trailer I happen to be towing