Strange things your pets do...

/ Strange things your pets do... #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My 10 year old rescue dog has this strangest habit. She will only eat the food from the front half of her bowl. I have to rotate the bowl before she will eat it all.

/ Strange things your pets do... #2  
My dog only barks when we say get him/her! Even when she sees a squirrel or deer, she just lunges at them, no sound at all.
She also loves to play with frogs and noses them when they won't hop.

/ Strange things your pets do... #3  
We've had 2 yorkies and 1 dachshund and they would all take the kibble out of the bowl and drop it on the carpet before eating it. Drove the wife nuts for a while.

/ Strange things your pets do... #4  
Not really strange, but something I noticed this AM. I was taking my blood pressure and on a whim decided to take it again while petting my dog with the other hand. My very unscientific observation was that it brought my BP down about 4 points.

/ Strange things your pets do... #5  
Not really strange, but something I noticed this AM. I was taking my blood pressure and on a whim decided to take it again while petting my dog with the other hand. My very unscientific observation was that it brought my BP down about 4 points.
Everything I've ever read attests to that...pets are good for your health.

/ Strange things your pets do... #6  

That does not surprise me at all

/ Strange things your pets do... #7  
Not really strange but intelligent. My young Coker Spaniel had his first run in with a small band of turkeys last fall. Every time we walk down the driveway he shies away from that "contact spot". I didn't get to see this run in but it was obviously memorable. He "yelped" a couple times and came running back - sat down right at my feet. He wasn't hurt but they must have spooked him.

/ Strange things your pets do... #8  
I had a red doberman named Spike, he would pick up anything that was on the floor, nuts, bolts, tools and hide them in a corner of the shop.

/ Strange things your pets do... #9  
I have a Newfie that will pinch, (love bite?) my wife when he wants to go out. If she ignores him, he pinches harder. The boxer/lab just stares at you until you get the message.

/ Strange things your pets do... #10  
I have a Newfie that will pinch, (love bite?) my wife when he wants to go out. If she ignores him, he pinches harder. The boxer/lab just stares at you until you get the message.

Both my last dog and Ruger are of the "Sit and Stare" school of dogs. Whatever happened to just speaking when they want to go out? Especially at 3:00 in the morning... it doesn't happen often but occasionally I will wake up and "sense" that my dog is standing in the pitch black dark, staring at me. Then I need to surmise; "does he want to go out, is his water bowl empty, or did he just have a bad dream that I had forgotten to feed him?"