Strange things your pets do...

/ Strange things your pets do... #11  
One of our cats reaches into the food bowl with her paw(either one, as I guess she's ambidextrous) and pulls out one piece of dry cat food onto the floor, then eats it, then repeats. This is the same cat that when I tell it to give me a high five, always does a double hit. Never a single. Alway bop, bop.

The other cat has never meowed in it's entire life. It opens it's mouth, but only air comes out. No sound. This one, when I tell it to give me a high five, always uses both paws, so I gave up and just tell it to give me ten.

/ Strange things your pets do... #12  
My old chocolate lab would carry his water bowl to the living room if it was empty.He also(to the amazement of my friends) carry a can of beer from the kitchen to the living room(my wife would hand it to him)..........we practiced every night.If he heard the can "crinkle" he knew you were empty.

/ Strange things your pets do... #13  
Strange? What's strange about it,most of us call it"cute".:laughing:,,,,,,,,,
I have a bunch and love sharing but I'll limit myself to one per page. As well behaved and house broke Cocker you could wish for,,,,,,,until we were late getting home from work. If we ate out,shopped or was otherwise delayed getting home,she tore up kitchen trash,pooped the floor and hide beneath a bed. Other than that,never once bothered trash or had an accident. Oh what the heck,I'll tell about another one. Back in the day when newspapers were thrown(remind me to tell you kids about before the net) if my neighbor wasn't waiting on the porch his old dog would run out and "water the paper" soon as it hit the ground.

/ Strange things your pets do... #14  
Just about every night for the past year I get up to go to the bathroom around 4:00am every morning. One of our cats jumps off the bed and leads me to the bathroom. I take a right and he goes straight to the kitchen and has a snack. By the time I come out, he follows me back to the bed and we both go back to sleep.

/ Strange things your pets do... #15  
When I was young, we had two dogs and a cat. We had floor-to-ceiling glass in the area near the front door. When people would come over and ring the doorbell, both dogs would run to the windows and bark at the people. No matter where the cat was in the house, it, too, would come running to the front door, only it would start beating the dogs furiously about their faces! It was declawed, and the dogs were Collie size, but man, they'd both shut up, back away from the window, and be quiet. Quite funny.

/ Strange things your pets do... #16  
Had a lab mix dog that could without breaking stride could clear a 4 strand fence but would lay on his side and scoot under a electric fence that was 18 inches off of the ground. Had an a Akita mix that was a better mouser than the cats, Saw that dog catch and carry around 5 mice in his mouth at once. He would make the machinery rounds every morning checking for mice and would bark for assistance if he couldn't get it out himself. Currently have a cat that is a pack cat. That cat will pick up stuff and carry it off. Feathers, small limbs off trees, small hand tools.

/ Strange things your pets do... #17  
When it's time for bed one of our cats pushes with her head side of of her body like she herding me to bed,and when she figures it's time for me to get she will set on the edge of bed and stare at me until.

/ Strange things your pets do... #18  
My cats hear the delivery trucks before I do they run to the french doors and get behind the curtains to watch, the male growls the whole. time.

/ Strange things your pets do... #19  
my dog tells time....its amazing. she is use to going for a walk every night at 5pm. if i am sitting on sofa at 4:59 i can her here get up and come walking into living room and start staring at me. she could be sound asleep at 4:58, doesnt matter. now, if im asleep on chair or sofa at 5pm, i get a wet nose in my face. she wont make a sound. just wet nose. its very odd. maybe she swallowed a watch.
the other thing she does is will return only the stick i throw. if i pick up a random stick and throw it into a pile of sticks, she will dig thru pile to find the one i threw. i tested it with a stick i marked with a marks a lot. yup, same stick. she has an amazing nose.

/ Strange things your pets do... #20  
^^^^^
My last dog was accustomed to eating at 6:00 every night. One day we had snowsledded into my sister's camp and were sitting around playing cards and watching the ice traps, my unzipped duffle bag was laying in the corner. We had been there for several hours when she suddenly got up, walked to my duffle bag, grabbed the gallon Ziploc bag of dog food and tossed it onto the floor. I looked at the clock... it was just 6:00 PM.