Streaming services versus Direct TV

/ Streaming services versus Direct TV #51  
We currently have Dish Network and I'd like to switch to streaming. My problem is that it looks like it will cost almost the same for the same content. I refuse to watch live TV, I always pause the channel I'm watching before sitting down to watch it. Currently our old box has 2 tuners so pause one, watch the other and skip back and forth. I want local channels and the Big Ten network with DVR capabilities. My wife wants movie channels. Marquee network would be a huge plus but it's only available on a few streaming services.

Considering Futbol TV and Netflix right now. Futbol package with Marquee is $90/month and Netfix is what, $15/month. Neighbor has negotiated with Dish and pays $100 per month for 5 tvs but no Marquee.

/ Streaming services versus Direct TV #52  
I had Direct TV and now streaming when high speed internet became available.
Mine is 25mps down load,minimum in my experience.
Direct TV was $200+ mo.My internet is $110,subscribe to YouTube TV@$72.00.
Close to a wash but have the internet for the computer anyway.Still cheaper.
Lots of movie channels available for free with streaming,plus is I get ABC,NBC,CBS and Fox local channels.Still have and use an antenna(NBC not available local).

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Streaming services versus Direct TV #53  
I found Clark Howard to be a good source when choosing streaming services. I tried HULU but gave up last year due to their “home location“ issue and StarLink. Using YouTube TV now without any issues. I have put Roku devices (ones with volume control) on all my TV’s to standardize the remotes and interfaces.