Studs for snow plowing

/ Studs for snow plowing #21  
I've had problems with windy-ridge before. Very disorganized!
I have only had 1 transaction there but it was quite satisfactory. Bummer that you have had issues. Love the chains though

/ Studs for snow plowing #22  
Yes I've dealt with them dozens of times without issues, including ordering.
They are where I've mostly bought studs and tire chains and parts but also winch cable and other hard to find "stuff".

/ Studs for snow plowing #23  
Southern living? I've never heard of studded tractor tires, though studded snow tires on cars used to be popular here in NH. (And my daughter in Alaska swears by them.) I used tractor chains on asphalt from 1968 to 1982, and on some asphalt / mostly gravel since 1982, and my neighbors likewise. I've never heard of tire chains digging up anyone's driveway! I'm on my third set now. The first set belonged to my father-in-law; the second I got from tirechain.com; and the third from Amazon but actually still tirechain.com (saved on shipping, plus 5% cashback).

/ Studs for snow plowing #24  
Pilot they are studs that you add, they simply screw into the lugs. I've never heard of a "factory" studded tractor tire either. 👍

/ Studs for snow plowing #25  
Step one reduce your rear tires pressure until the contact surface is flat.

Then get your ballast figured out.

Chains are only needed on crazy slopes like in the mountains, they work but are a pain. On the flat its all about ballast and contact.

Studs sounds like a very expensive procedure that will cause issues all summer.

/ Studs for snow plowing #26  
Step one reduce your rear tires pressure until the contact surface is flat.

Then get your ballast figured out.

Chains are only needed on crazy slopes like in the mountains, they work but are a pain. On the flat its all about ballast and contact.

Studs sounds like a very expensive procedure that will cause issues all summer.
Step 1 is good,
2 so so,
3 No idea were you live or the conditions there or what you do, but;
chains can be livesavers many times.
Ballast can only do so much especially in wet heavy snow or ice.

/ Studs for snow plowing #27  
I spend 100% of my tractor time either off road or on gravel. Chains are essential once the snow flies or the mud looms.
In drier times, even on the steep, hilly country that I call home, just the ballasted R1's are fine.

/ Studs for snow plowing #28  
I got chains with my tractor and snow blower set up. I used them the first year, but the chains chipped my cement going in and out of the garage and leave gouges in the asphalt where they spin. The last 2 years I haven't used the chains when snow blowing and have no problems with traction. If I switch to the bucket to move a snow bank I need the chains. With the chains (rear only) no traction problems. The ground under me will chip away as I spin though.

/ Studs for snow plowing #29  
Step 1 is good,
2 so so,
3 No idea were you live or the conditions there or what you do, but;
chains can be livesavers many times.
Ballast can only do so much especially in wet heavy snow or ice.
Ballast is hugely important, If your too light you will just spin your tires. On a road compaction is not an issue, be as Heavy as practical.

its much easier to move 10,000lbs of snow, if you weigh that much or more to start with. Cast iron weights are not sold as fashion accessories. Its also covered in your tractors manual.

I am from Northern Canada, lots of snow and ice.

/ Studs for snow plowing #30  
How's this 20,000+ pounds with 4wd and R1 Radials vs 6000 pounds on R1 bias plys with chains on snow and ice.
A 656 with Euro studded chains against an IH Magnum in 4wd sorry for the video quality my brother took it with an old phone.
I've also see those 20,000 pound tractors just turn wet snow into ice under the tires and start spinning backwards.