Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #11  
box spring, water shutoffs, elevated manhole covers, steel pallet straps, wire fence, t posts, barbed wire, tons of concrete and a cable pedestal. I got stuck cutting hundreds new residential development sites over quite a few years.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #12  
A pile of nylon twine from square bales. Wrapped around my flail mower with a vengeance. sat there with my pocket knife for 45 minutes cutting 6-12 inch pieces off. :cautious:
I just pulled a piece of net wrap from around my rear axle.
Took out the rear axle seal.

Special place in hell for those who leave twine & net wrap in fields.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #13  
Gophers and rabbits, but they don't make any noise, at least none I can hear with my noise cancelling FM radio headset turned up pretty high.
Did hit a plastic gauge wheel I had lost off the mower deck on the BX a couple of years ago. I did hear that.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #15  
   / Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #16  
Over the years I’ve found car batteries, tires, an automatic transmission, a manual transmission, car doors from an oldsmobile, brake drums, antique cow stanchions, a pile of asbestos siding shingles, barbed wire, cinder blocks, a pile of old red clay drain tiles, fence wire, a 14’ green colored wooden boat, jimmy hoffa, a model T frame with the crossbuck springs and axles sunk in the dirt, a coal pile and a few other things.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #17  
A ratchet strap will make a bit of noise if it hangs onto the blade.
That reminds me that I blew the left rear wheel off of my front mounted brush cutter when I hit a large ratchet strap ratchet in the grass along the highway many years ago. BOOM!

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #18  
   / Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #19  
   / Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #20  
Doesn't happen much anymore, but older tube TV sets.