Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #11  
I’ve done my fair share but this was a buddy's goof.

Me: I see new rear tires on your tractor.
Yep, mounted and installed them myself last evening.
How many beers?
A few.
Planning on doing a lot of reverse work?
No why ..... oh crap! !~^€\<*##
I see that occasionally on front tires. One tractor owner said that he used to work on a pig farm, and it helps when backing out of the sty with a full bucket. Another said he didn’t want to take the time to dismount them and turn them on the rims...
WHAT!?!?!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I see that occasionally on front tires. One tractor owner said that he used to work on a pig farm, and it helps when backing out of the sty with a full bucket. Another said he didn’t want to take the time to dismount them and turn them on the rims...
WHAT!?!?!

Ha. I almost did that last month. Had a tire shop fix a leaking valve stem. Put the right front tire on and something just looked out of sync.

Sure enough, the tire stem was facing the underside of the tractor. Quickly switched it up, looked around and no one was there. So, it didn’t really happen. No lug nut had to be removed.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #13  
WHAT!?!?!
Friends in Pyengana reverse the front tyres on all of their tractors due to steep inclines on most of their paddocks.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #14  
I got off the golf cart walked to my turkey blind and sat down. Then I realized my gun was on the golf cart.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #15  
I showed up at a friend's farm once with my 243 Win rifle, and an ammo box of 22-250.

I was there to call coyotes, saw one while opening the gate to go in, scrambled to load the rifle and discovered my goof.

To be fair (to me) I have two identical model rifles in different calibers (22-250 and 243), and brought the wrong ammo.

He was wondering why he didn't hear the shot. I went up to the house and told him, we compensated by spending the rest of the weekend sampling his bourbon collection. So no coyotes were harmed in the making of that weekend.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #16  
I had an old International tractor with 2 wheel drive and no fel. A couple acres that I have to bush hog are very swampy at times and it is easy to get stuck. I rotated my rear tires around so that they had better traction going backward. That way if I ever got stuck I could just back out. If you get stuck going forward with your tires set for forward traction you have no hope of getting out.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #18  
To be honest, I didn't know you could do that. I thought there was a reason the piece that slides in the groove on the bar had a hook like feature to it and wouldn't''t allow it to go in backwards. Guess I've been lucky.
Generally you don't make that mistake more than once...Or, in my case, twice. :confused: As the OP says you figure it out pretty quickly when the saw bounces off the tree.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #19  
Neighbor has duck hunters on our big lake. Years & years ago - knock on my door - EARLY Sat morning. One duck hunter - remembered his decoys, remembered his camo gear, remembered his shot gun. "Buy the way, sir, could I get some 12 gage shotgun shells from you".

There is a VALID reason I won't allow duck hunters on my portion of the big lake.