Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #21  
So - - 2X annually I check the barbed wire perimeter fence around my 80 acres. A couple times I've had to return early. Forgot something or other. Wife asks - done so soon. No - darn can of nails tipped over and need to get more. Seems to satisfy her.

By the time I get everything loaded up on the ATV - look like a traveling circus. Sound like one as I travel around the property.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
To be honest, I didn't know you could do that. I thought there was a reason the piece that slides in the groove on the bar had a hook like feature to it and wouldn't''t allow it to go in backwards. Guess I've been lucky.

Even when you are a little upset and not thinking, you still have a 50/50 chance of getting it correct! Not me that day.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #23  
Even when you are a little upset and not thinking, you still have a 50/50 chance of getting it correct! Not me that day.

MoKelly
You have better luck than me. If I have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, it seams I'll be wrong 70% of the time.

I proved that theory many years ago taking "basic skills tests" in school.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #24  
Was working in the shop fabricating something, don't remember what, and needed the plasma cutter to cut some pieces for the build. Wheeled it out, plugged it in and hooked up the air hose and turned it on.
Pulled the trigger on the torch and it lit up, but would not cut. Checked the settings, took the torch apart but it looked fine, and anything else I could think of. Finally gave up and put it away. As I wheeled it beck to it's place, it dawned on me I hadn't connected the ground cable. :rolleyes:

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I did it again.

I mowed with the tractor for about 3 hours. Got done and went to the garage.

Parked and blew off all the grass and dirt. Decided to clean up the tractor so I wiped it down with water and some towels.

Went to pull into the garage. Tractor won’t move - forward or reverse. Looked all around. Looked at the hydro pedal - everything looked Ok. Ensured brake was off. Still won’t move.

About 10 long minutes later it hits me - while wiping down the tractor did I nudge the gear shifter? Sure enough. I was in neutral.

Felt so dumb. Good thing my wife wasn’t watching.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #26  
You have better luck than me. If I have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, it seams I'll be wrong 70% of the time.

I proved that theory many years ago taking "basic skills tests" in school.
The 50/50-90 rule: if a man has a 50/50 chance of being right, he will be wrong 90% of the time if his wife disagrees.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #27  
About 10 long minutes later it hits me - while wiping down the tractor did I nudge the gear shifter? Sure enough. I was in neutral.

MoKelly
Been there, done that. Brain was in neutral. :LOL:

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #28  
Been there, done that. Brain was in neutral. :LOL:
When I was about 10 years old, my Dad had a 1941 Mercury. We lived on a steep hill, and the car was parked near the house, on the hill. Now I thought I knew a lot about cars, and when I saw it was in Reverse, I reasoned that in reverse, it would roll down the hill...so I put it in Neutral.

I was over playing at the neighbors, and I looked over to the house, and the car had its rear end in the ditch and the front wheels off the ground...and the neighbor was there with his tractor. There's more to the story, but I'll end it here.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #29  
Dad used to put tractor in neutral when going downhill with a heavy load behind. In order to avoid losing control by being pushed he would use neutral to simply let gravity take control. Scary but it usually worked. 😨

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #30  
Dad used to put tractor in neutral when going downhill with a heavy load behind. In order to avoid losing control by being pushed he would use neutral to simply let gravity take control. Scary but it usually worked. 😨

Um that sounds "bass ackwards" to me. :)