Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #111  
This happens so often-- you totally focus on a problem at hand, not realizing there is a much simpler solution if you could just see it.

I have a GMC duramax truck. I tried to change the front left blinker bulb but couldn't get access to it. Checked youtube-- first video explains you need to remove the grill to replace the bulb. wth? Next video- this guy has a shortcut. Jack the truck, remove the front left wheel, then x, then y, then z. wth?

So I lived with it not working until next time I needed service from my trusted mechanic. He said: "we have 1 guy here who can replace those." Some skinny kid appeared, and was able to contort his hand and arm through the grill and replace the bulb. But no one else can do it.

I can still hardly believe a truck is designed whereby you have to remove the grill to change a light bulb.
My daughter has a 2013 Elantra that the left headlight went out. She wanted help changing and you just have to twist the bulb and cable and the bulb comes out of the back of the case. Of course this was winter time and she reminds me of it at 10:00 PM so everything is cold and dark. The problem is that on the left side the air intake and filter is right behind the light and my fat hands could not get in there. I finally gave up and said she would have to bring it back in the daylight. Well a few days later she stopped by my nephew's and he pulled the book out and all I had to do was pull one pin out and the headlight rotates out in front of the car 90+ degrees making access superb. Now they both laugh at me.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #112  
Maybe helping someone sometimes is stupid? Years ago at work a guy around back of building had a 1956 Ford F600 dump truck. His brother borrowed it, I saw it return an hour later being towed in (large wrecker service). Then I hear commotion as a fellow down the street was trying to push it uphill into a shop bay with his tractor, tearing up asphalt and his tires.
I walked around asked what happened. Guy says "all the wiring burned up". I asked why not simply drive it in? The owner's brother said "you stupid sob...didn't you understand what I said?".
I said "sure, but I can get it running in less than 2 minutes, you can drive it in".
Owner said "let him try".
I had a clip lead wire in my pocket, clipped battery + to coil +, then pocket screwdriver jumped solenoid. It fired right up, owner drove it in. The brother got so mad left the lot in his car spinning tires.
I told owner as I removed clip lead I was just trying to help. But...I had a few people ticked at me! Must have thought I was trying to make them look stupid (I wasn't)?

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #113  
I'll make this short.......My first year of driving 1964, received 10 that's right 10 moving violations! Yes I was a wildman!!!✌🏻

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I'll make this short.......My first year of driving 1964, received 10 that's right 10 moving violations! Yes I was a wildman!!!🏻

Yikes. Here, your license would have been suspended after 5!

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #116  
Yikes. Here, your license would have been suspended after 5!

MoKelly
This was in California, and before computers, it took awhile before it caught up to me and yes it was suspended for three months!🏎

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #117  
I had a few people ticked at me! Must have thought I was trying to make them look stupid (I wasn't)?

Stupid people are very sensitive to "looking stupid" They know they are stupid, and they get very upset when that is confirmed. And of course they look even more stupid when they get upset and act out. Witness the guy leaving in a huff and spinning his tires.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #118  
Stupid people are very sensitive to "looking stupid" They know they are stupid, and they get very upset when that is confirmed. And of course they look even more stupid when they get upset and act out. Witness the guy leaving in a huff and spinning his tires.

...was it in reverse and did he slam in a patrol car that was behind him?

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #119  
Had a big load of round hay bales on a trailer. Secured with straps. After loosening the straps, I yank the free end toward me. I knew it was stupid the moment I did it.... I knew the 16 ounce steel J hook on the end was coming but I was too slow to get out of the way. Had a knot on my head for a week