Subcompact Choice - Why Did You Choose Massey Over Other Brands?

/ Subcompact Choice - Why Did You Choose Massey Over Other Brands? #31  
At the time I made a purchase, there were only two options, MF and Kubota.

Side by side the Kubota had more plastic, and then there was the obvious fact that it was that ugly orange color. :yuck::vomit:

Easy choice.

Today, with all the options out there I'm sure it will be more difficult to choose.
I got a good LOL:ROFLMAO: on why You went with a Mas IMG_20201003_134009.jpgsey -Ferguson GC series. The only reason I went with my M-F's is I didn't know there where other tractors:LOL:!!!!!!.

/ Subcompact Choice - Why Did You Choose Massey Over Other Brands? #32  
JD 5E model, which would start in less than one second with no glow plugs in any weather. That was one hot to trot engine that loved to start. The largest Massey was all electronic
and it decided just how much glow plugging it needed.
I just had to comment on this. We had a Nuffield 10-60 with a BMC engine that would start instantly as long as the battery could get the engine to move and the diesel was not solid. She ran like a top with plenty of power and a nice grey exhaust. Sounded fabulous too.
Unlike the David Brown 880 that would not start below 50 at all. You could crank on it for half hour and it would puff so much white smoke, cough occasionally but never fully catch. At least the battery was good lol.

/ Subcompact Choice - Why Did You Choose Massey Over Other Brands? #33  
I am getting the MF GC1723EB because it was the first dealer that came up in my search and turned out to be great to deal with. Seems like the tractor is well liked and capable.
I will be using it on 1.5 acres to build a house etc.

/ Subcompact Choice - Why Did You Choose Massey Over Other Brands? #34  
JD was too expensive. Kubota's bx, I didn't like their pedals, didn't like that it doesn't stop on the dime when you step off the reverse pedal, and I just didn't like the way it looked. Finally, I found a great deal (private sale) on a gently used GC1710 with deck and some other stuff, so that was hard to pass up on. I've been quite happy with it after doing some mods here and there.