T264/T25 vs small bobcat

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #1  

samsquanch

Tractor
diy
Hello all, just a bit of background, I’m a contractor that mainly does outdoor framing(decks/fences/garages) and some residential landscaping. I currently have a mini skid that I built, and it be been mostly good for what I need but I’m wanting more lifting capacity.

I’m about to pull the trigger on either a t264 or t25(264 is on sale at my local dealer right now for about 4K less than the t25). They both seem to be a perfect fit for what I need in the way of capability and the physical size/weight.

I was recently talking to an old employer and he is looking to sell his bobcat 751, for almost the same $ as the TYM’s are going for with the same attachments, it’s older, 97 I believe, very low hours for the age,and I know it was well maintained. It is rated to lift just shy of the TYM’s ratings.

My question now is, given they have similar lifting capacity, and almost exactly the same width is there any meaningful advantage having the skid over the tractor?(other than maneuvering). I’ve always known 3 point attachments to be cheaper than the skid steer counterparts(especially pto driven ones). I know skid vs tractor can be like apples to oranges but I feel like in this scenario they’re quite comparable. I’m leaning to tractor just because I feel like long term it’s more versatile in the way of attachments. Any input is appreciated

TIA

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #2  
My ex brother-in-law was a concrete contractor who specialized in installing custom stamped and dyed concrete patios. He had two skidsteers, to do work in back yards. He was really busy, and borrowed my brothers Kubota tractor, to do one of the jobs. He was so impressed with how much less damage the tractor did to the yard, the he replaced one of the skidsteers with a 23-hp tractor.

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #3  
Maybe a backhoe for the tractor? Not something I normally would suggest, but given your line of work, it may be a rational option. (Unless you already have a mini ex)

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #4  
For landscaping work, an articulating Power Trac won't do as much damage to a lawn. Power Trac Products, but I suspect the TYM or 751 will be less expensive to buy.

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #5  
A skid steer comes with a set of auxiliary hydraulics forward. The tractor would make the most sense if it too had a third function kit install

/ T264/T25 vs small bobcat #6  
Having a T25 that is multitasking it has a loader and it also mows grass with a mid mount deck. We contemplated getting a another skid loader except when in discussion about it for us it it became a discussion of justification of a skid loader as it was used for only either lifting or hauling. We have owned our T25 since July of last year. We have used it for land scaping hauling materials moved dirt, and rock and spread them both, and back dragging for leveling, moving snow, mowing. Living on only 1.4 acres it's perfect. I can see your reasoning for wanting another skid loader. With the tires we have it has never damaged the grass during turning movements. As we have hybrid tires that came with the tractor. It also has a set of rear remote hydraulics, and the control stick is already set up for a third function all that is need is the hydrolics. For us it is perfect can't complain about it. Steering is tight and maneuverability is awesome.