T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #21  
Is the new shaft the final fix that needs to be done? Has anyone had a failure of the new shaft?

I had the local dealer check mine and he said it was the latest version of the shaft and didnt need to be replaced. I still worry that I may experience the same failure that others have. What additional things can I do to prevent this from happening?

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft
I think the last revision is going to resolve the issue permanently but truly only time will tell. There is just really not much else that can fail on an input shaft like that. Just make sure you have the shaft that has the u-joints.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #23  
If that is all you are waiting on to get going again, I would see if you can just get a Napa/Wix filter and move on. The cross references are on this site. I can't imagine a non TYM filter should affect the warranty?

I sure hope there is not a supply issue, but another day has passed and all I have heard is crickets! Well, actually not crickets, my dealer has also eluded to the fact that TYM has not been responsive to the request for information on the delivery of the part.

I also have a TYM 273 that the drive shaft broke. After looking at it and the design I seen a major problem
The shaft is made to run straight. The engine to the transmission is not in line . There is a drop of about 1 inch so this is why the shafts break . TYM replaces it with a shaft with 2 u joints and a center spline . A much better system but it has no grease fittings so crossing my fingers that it last for more than the 350 hours I have on it now. The dealer here in Pa has them on stock so it is a issue. Price was 218.00 plus sales tax total around 230.00. If anyone has the old style shaft that goes bad it is a chore to get off. Now that I know id just cut the shaft in half and slide the ends off the splines. The new one slips on the splines and is held there with a pinch bolt on each end. Good luck with it. TYM don't seem to care about this problem but has upgraded the shaft. There gain our loss. We have to buy it.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #24  
Hey Guys.
I'm looking for a little info that you may have... I hope.

I own a T2334 Montana. This is basically identical to the T233 TYM, right down to the flaws. My Drive Shaft has given out. Regrettably this problem has never been mentioned in the Montana forum so I did not see it coming. I really wish I had because Montana closed shop last year and parts are getting harder to find... Hence my need for help.

I will be calling the dealer that I bought the tractor from later this morning. If he is not able to order the shaft can I replace with the TYM shaft? I would really like to get the newest version with the U-Joint. I haven't pulled the shaft out yet but I am assuming the splines are damaged. I can see intact splines close to the HST.

How hard would it be to cut the shaft off and install the new one? Could I avoid cutting a hole in the floor?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #25  
Yes it is the Made by TYM. I have a montana 2734 that I had to replace the shaft on. Ordered it from a TYM Dealer. Parts are shipped from here in NC. I cut a hole in my floor using a small hole saw on a cordless drill. Just big enough to put my hand through. The floor mat covers the hole so it's no problem at all. Your splines on the input shaft should be ok but if not you can slide the new shaft up a little farther and tighten it down. If you need the part # I can look it up for you.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #27  
Thank you both for the help.
Any recommendation on who I should call to place an order? Sounds like people have had some variation in service and delivery times.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #28  
Any TYM dealer should be able to have the parts drop shipped to you. I used one here in NC. I was also told that mahindra tractors use the same part # so you could try them and see if it it cheaper.

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #29  
Bud Soda, thank you! There is a Mahindra dealership just down the road from me. I didn't think of asking them.

I will drive over right now.

Cheers

/ T273 - Another broken driveshaft/input shaft #30  
So here is the telescoping version on the Mahindra eMax 25.

$500+ for the whole thing. It might fit but it also comes with the fan.

I may just order a TYM shaft.

Attachments

• image-3932789607.jpg
    image-3932789607.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 243