Tach/Electrical Issue

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #41  
I too had the electrical problem with my CT335 that is out of warranty. Called dealer and he was of no help. Checked the relays and it was the single one on the left side. I popped the cap off cleaned the contacts and good as new.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #42  
I too had the electrical problem with my CT335 that is out of warranty. Called dealer and he was of no help. Checked the relays and it was the single one on the left side. I popped the cap off cleaned the contacts and good as new.

Thanks for the post, Mooseriver! I'll remember that if I experience the same failure again. So far, no further problems with the
CT335. :thumbsup:

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #43  
The Original post in this thread:

The Tach and Hourmeter is not working all the time. 2010 Ct 335 sst.

Several times today I started the tractor and noticed no tach or hour meter readings, however after a few minutes of operation, both always started working again.

Any ideas as to what to look for?
I just found Rollcenter's resolution to this problem in a another forum. Guess he forgot about this thread. Hope it helps someone in the future.

I feel for you, I have been going through almost the exact same thing on my Bobcat CT 335.

No power to dash at all, yesterday I found my problem. On my machine the wiring harness that comes off battery and supplies power to dash had a plug together connector underneath the floorboard on the left side of tractor. Upon disassembly of the connector I found moisture had made its way Inside and corroded the positive "blade" of the connector until the point it finally broke off.
From: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3332563

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #44  
Bobcat dealer showed up this morning and found the problem - a failed switched power relay, which
supplies power to most of the instrument panel, headlights and tail lights.

I'm relieved that the problem is fixed. A sticky nor'easter is headed our way for Thursday into
Friday, and I'm looking forward to finding out how well the Pronovost Puma-74 does with the
heavy snow. It works fine with the power stuff.

Any idea where this relay was located.. I'm having this exact issue with my ct230

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #45  
Any idea where this relay was located.. I'm having this exact issue with my ct230

I'm not sure if your engine compartment layout is the same as mine. In the attached picture, it's
the first relay on the left. The attached diagram describes it as the ignition switch relay.
104047.jpg145500.jpg

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #46  
The relay on my CT335 was is on the opposite side hidden behind the dash, it was the first of 5 blue relays mounted on the firewall. I have a cab so the layout may different then others. It's not easy to get to and I'm afraid the relay is to small for what is on it and will be replaced with a 60amp in the future.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #47  
Ok... I replaced the far right relay, looking at the firewall, and all dash lights, hour meter and tach are up and working.
Looking at the manual it shows that this relay was a timer...? I think when the harness was placed they crossed the pigtails some how...,
Anyone else tried that relay and had success?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #48  
Ok... I replaced the far right relay, looking at the firewall, and all dash lights, hour meter and tach are up and working.
Looking at the manual it shows that this relay was a timer...? I think when the harness was placed they crossed the pigtails some how...,
Anyone else tried that relay and had success?

Glad to hear that you fixed the problem. Mine has been OK since it was repaired, and I hope that it stays that way.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #49  
Heh. I'm running into the same problem with my CT230. But first problem was intermittent dash gauge problems. Tightened up all the dash instruments, no luck. Then the tractor wouldn't start at all. Jumped it okay. But when I shut it down, wouldn't restart. Checked the battery cables and the positive cable snapped right off the connector - had corroded through. That darned corrosion problem that seems to get everyone. Cleaned it up, topped off the battery, replaced the connector, and that solved the starting problem - battery and alternator are still going like champs. But still intermittent tach and hour meter, no instrument lights, no headlights, no taillights. Horn turn signals and emergency flashers work.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #50  
Heh. I'm running into the same problem with my CT230. But first problem was intermittent dash gauge problems. Tightened up all the dash instruments, no luck. Then the tractor wouldn't start at all. Jumped it okay. But when I shut it down, wouldn't restart. Checked the battery cables and the positive cable snapped right off the connector - had corroded through. That darned corrosion problem that seems to get everyone. Cleaned it up, topped off the battery, replaced the connector, and that solved the starting problem - battery and alternator are still going like champs. But still intermittent tach and hour meter, no instrument lights, no headlights, no taillights. Horn turn signals and emergency flashers work.

Has your key switch ever been frozen? That was a bit of a problem when the tractors first came out. It damaged the switch. There was also some issues with the early dashs not working correctly. Tachs working intermittently fuel gauges not reading correctly.