Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative?

/ Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative? #1  

candersen10

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 262c, NH TN75, JD 6430 premium, JD 5325, Kubota BX2200, Ford 1710HC, JD 333E, JD3720, Farmall 504, Farmall 404.
Hello,

I've been working on a robotic cart that follows people, and the tractor part of this forum (www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/374906-robotic-following-cart-replace-light-15.html) seemed to suggest that there were few tasks where it might be useful where you might otherwise use a tractor.

One area that has come up though in some conversations, is in applications where you have to jump out of a UTV/ATV frequently to do hand work/load it, then jump back in. That thought being that if you had a robotic cart following you that could run back, it could be more efficient than a UTV.

Any applications that people might have like this? Installing high tensile fencing, feeding animals, picking up firewood, etc.?

Video below of our concept. Would love any feedback also.

/ Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative? #2  
Setting out transplants,hearvesting fruits,melons and vegitables. Tending Christmas trees. If it will dodge trees,marking timber for selective heavest. Cleaning fence line where it's necessary to to go back and forth to looping shears,string trimmer,chain saw and spot sprayer.

/ Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative? #3  
I like it. Give it a 'friendly' name like "Tagalong" and nice styling.
Bigger diameter wheels for better ground clearance. It's going to be working in the 'rough'.
:2cents:

/ Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative?
I like it. Give it a 'friendly' name like "Tagalong" and nice styling.
Bigger diameter wheels for better ground clearance. It's going to be working in the 'rough'.
:2cents:

This is what these are today (Burros). We are focused right now (primarily used as material handling vehicles in hand harvested fruit operations, and as a little tow tractor), but trying to think about broadening uses also. Welcome any / all thoughts.

/ Tasks where time is wasted jumping into/out of UTV? - Robotic alternative? #5  
Hello,

I've been working on a robotic cart that follows people, and the tractor part of this forum (Robotic Following Cart to Replace Light Duty Tractor Tasks? - Page 15) seemed to suggest that there were few tasks where it might be useful where you might otherwise use a tractor.

One area that has come up though in some conversations, is in applications where you have to jump out of a UTV/ATV frequently to do hand work/load it, then jump back in. That thought being that if you had a robotic cart following you that could run back, it could be more efficient than a UTV.

Any applications that people might have like this? Installing high tensile fencing, feeding animals, picking up firewood, etc.?

Video below of our concept. Would love any feedback also.

I knew an old guy that had a golf cart that followed behind him about 5 feet. He had it for many years before he walked too close to a pond and it fell in!