TC 24D not a good buy!

/ TC 24D not a good buy!
Hello everyone, first I guess I really stirred thing up. I am not a new poster but am indeed the guy who looked and asked for advice on purchasing a new tractor this spring. I guess the counter got reset and am a newbie but I had made it up to member before the crash. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I own only GM Suburbans and can tell you that much like the tractor you get a Monday car here and there. I really do like GM products but when you have a problem look out you are the bad guy and everyone gangs up against you. It is no wonder that you need a lawyer on retainer.
I have had discussions with my wife, neighbor’s, friends and the NH salesman. I have had many opinions from I am working it to hard to it is meant to work that hard. The latter being from the New Holland dealer. The dealer says he has never had that many problems with the “BLUE” ones but when my wheel fell off I later found out that they where falling off all over the country, to the point that it took 4 weeks to get a new wheel and bolts, thankfully I had a Home Depot near me and was able to make use of some bolts to hold the wheel on.
In my investigation of the problems I have been having they seem to be centered not on New Holland products as a whole but more specific the TC 24D model. I think New Holland and their Japanese partner are having problems with the model. I have read many post here and other places that all mention the same issues. Also the dealer has hinted to New Holland trying to resolve them and has giving the dealers large latitude to fix whatever comes up.
Maybe the model is still to new maybe it was poorly engineered but the fact remains that problems keep cropping up causing the unit to fail and create frustrations and resentment towards New Holland products.
My dealer has been great and very responsive. I called them yesterday and that afternoon they had a new tank installed at my location. A concern that the salesman had is they might have issues with the tank and now have installed another defective tank in my tractor. He has been on the phone with New Holland and asked to call him today.
What caused the rupture that started as a leak and in minutes caused complete failure of the outlet of the tank spilling all 5 gallons of fuel. Vibration and possible mishandling of the tank at the time assembly is my best guess. My examination of the tank found the part made of plastic with a very thin walled nipple that fuel is drawn from the tank. The tank is bolted to the body of the tractor but the fuel filter/shutoff is on the engine itself. A very short somewhat rigid fuel line and is also poorly aligned can cause it to pull on the tank and caused the problem, in my opinion

I have requested that they provide me with a refund of my deposit and release me from my contract. I have not ruled out exchanging the unit for another. I really like the features of the TC 24D but am nervous about having more problems with this model. I cannot accommodate a larger tractor and a smaller one will not do. I guess I need to pick my poison, green has always been my second choice but I am disappointed that I got a bum unit. I guess I will try harder to do better next time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PS: The fuel tank is just one of a laundry list of issues and defects I have with this unit. I will try to put a list together from the faxes I have sent the dealer.

Thank you for the support and advice

George

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #22  
You could also call the customer satisfaction number in your operators manual this opens a case on the tractor and tends to get everyones attention a little quicker.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #23  
Thanks for the follow up post with more information. Good luck and please keep us informed as to how it progresses. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy!
Hello everyone just talked to the dealer and he has confirmed that New Holland is having trouble with fuel tank on TC 24D’s. Like the front wheels that were falling off this spring and summer it would be wise to get the tank replaced or checked out ASAP. From my observation of the cheap cost effective design of the tank, it will rupture it is only a matter of time. They have ordered me a new one but I think I need to get in line for the part. At least I have a temporary fix and maybe that tank can last 100 hours.

George

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #25  
The front tires come off the TC18 as well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ford has had their troubles also, I know I own 43 vehicles. I have Fords, Chevy, GMs and a even a Dodge or two.)</font>

Murph..... what on earth do you do with 43 vehicles? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Don't they fill your entire 2 acres? Why do you need a CUT if your land is full of vehicles? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( unlike some of us who are retired and able to stop by on a whim anytime
)</font>

HEY! i ain't going to be retired for 5 more weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #28  
By the way, I love your photo! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #29  
rozett,

I own a Mechanical Contracting Business in Minnesota. We do Commercial/Residential Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Refrigeration.

So I needed a tractor to get the 75 employees off my mind /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

murph

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #30  
Sorry about the problems you are having with your rig fella. Hope It works out for you. Makes sence ta me to hammer N.H. with the problems you are having with yours. Darn good of you to not hammer the dealer . Again, good luck to ya.