TC 24D not a good buy!

/ TC 24D not a good buy!
Hello everyone, just a quick update on my poor NH 24D.
Yesterday the Seat Floor to my tractor cracked. Part No. SBA355252090
I have not called my dealer yet but I knew when I bought the tractor that one day it would cause trouble and sure enough it cracked at 230 hours. Now my seat moves around up and down and is sure to make the metal crack some more. I hope the part holds out till I can get a new one. I still have the fuel tank part outstanding and no timeline to get one installed.
Maybe I should have bought Japanese, wait a minute it is Japanese! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

George

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #32  
Maybe the Japanese built tractors are being built with Chineese parts ! How can most of us tell ? the writing looks about the same.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #33  
If you knew that it would cause you trouble when you bought it then why did you buy it? Get rid of the tractor and buy something else. All you are having is problems so trade the thing in on a Deere or Kubota and be gone with them.

/ TC 24D not a good buy!
You know you are right, that New Holland tractor was a bad buy. Now if I could find another sucker that has not read my posts or does not have any knowledge of New Holland tractor problems I will be in good shape. I really like my TC 24D but it is so unreliable it makes it very scary not knowing what else may go wrong.
This a forum for one to share concerns and ideas. If I would have read the issues I and others where having it would have helped my purchasing decision. When the NH TC 24D was new there was very little information on the reliability of the tractor. So I agree with you but don't shoot the messenger. I think that my path to enlightenment should help many down the road, I hope "HEED THE WARNING". I will still try to get my tractor fixed and then maybe sold but I just can't get used to the yellow seat thing.
So maybe I will keep the seat. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

George

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #35  
George - just found your post and read all the replies. For what it's worth I think you handled yourself well and did not go over any imaginary line. I for one thank you for your insight and the outlining of the issues you've had. While I bought Orange, I really liked the Blue. And from what I can tell, most of them are fine tractors. It sounds like your dealer is trying to do what's right. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

PS: You might catch a bit of NH ear if you copied this post to them as well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PSS: By the way - I once had a brand new Dodge truck with a 440 magnum. It was in the shop for 9 weeks out of the 4 months I owned it (Blown engine, electrical problems, and transmission). Worst vehicle I ever owned. Not wanting to end my then love afair with Mopars, I bought a new Dodge Mirada a couple of years latter. It was only in the shop once or twice, but it kept falling apart on me. Door handles would break, trim would fall off - it just wasn't built well. I swore off Mopars for awhile, then chanced upon a good deal on a LeBarron GTS with a turbo. Oh well, live and learn. The turbo blew, the trans slipped, the engine smoked, etc. Now, some 10 years later I'm in love with the styling on the new Ram pick-ups. Luckily for me my wife has put her foot down this time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Sorry Mopar, no more Dodges for me.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #36  
<font color="blue"> Sorry Mopar, no more Dodges for me. </font>

See, that's what makes each person's reactions different. It was a GM car that fell apart on me; I got rid of it at 11K miles after an experience that would take a book to describe. And, my '95 Dodge Dakota has been the 2nd most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (believe it or not, the most reliable was a '93 Ford Festiva - the little Korean job with the 12" wheels - my lawn service guy owns it now, and @ 275,000 miles is still using it to pull his mower trailer!).

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #37  
Yep, you can get a lemon in anything. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I bought a new Ford sedan in '66 that would have made a Yugo seem like a great car. I figure that Ford must have gone down the assembly line at 60 mph on a Friday afternoon, and I swore off Fords for 25 years, but now I've been driving nothing but Fords for the last 11 years. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #38  
My dad had two Mustangs in the 60's that both rusted out within a few years. I remember him saying he'd never buy another Ford, so I figured I wouldn't either. That's the way things go... I've driven a few Fords since then, and they seem very nice. I just can't get over my dad's dissapointment 35 years ago /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We've had Volkswagons, Chevys and Toyotas even since. Very good luck with all of them. Now, my in-laws won't drive a Chevy because they had problems with one back in the 60's. They'll never own another one. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just goes to show you what one bad experience can do for future sales. That probably goes for tractors, or any product, for that matter.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #39  
I hear ya! I just didn't have good luck with new Mopars. Not to say that anyone else would have the same experience, I just can't get my wife to let me try again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I was a young'un I was a Mopar fanatic. My first car was a 66 Dodge Polara that was a tank (I hated that car, but it wouldn't break). My second car was one of my all time favorites - a 68 Plymouth Baracuda fastback. That was a great car for a teenager. Also had a 74 Dodge Charger SE that was a nice unit. So I really wanted to be a Mopar guy, just got burnt to many times in a row to keep trying.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #40  
Keith,

So you didn't like your '66 Polara. My Dad talked Mom into letting him order a '66 Polara for the family car. It showed up with the 440 Magnum, positraction... He thought it was the greatest. He and another "settled down family man" disappeared one day to see how long a strip it would leave from a dead stop. I guess it's just a matter of your measuring stick. Best "family car" we ever had. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Only bummer was that it was gone before I got my license. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kevin