TC40 Pictures

/ TC40 Pictures #1  

Hawgee

Silver Member
Tractor
64 MF Utility 35 retired to parts pile.
Ok Lee.
I've scaned some pix's from a pentex to my photo album.
http:// [url]http://members2.clubphoto.com/herschel83838/ [/url]

I'll update the album this weekend. Hope my digital is working by then. The loader should be mounted and will try for better shots.
You'll notice no rubber mat, no extra wrap around headlights, different dash and pedal cluster under right foot. I do like the full grab rail above rear fender. Service will be easy even with loader mounted. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Oh, almost forgot. I will be wanting the ice cooler-cupholder that mounts next to your left leg, opposite the loader joystick. Did you get this with the Deluxe? /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ TC40 Pictures #2  
The link is incorrect.

/ TC40 Pictures #3  
Off topic: Wen, I keep meaning to ask you, you have a M6800, loaded tires I assume and I also assume you have a loader? Your machine is similar size to mine, do you happen to know how much your machine weighs? and do you remeber if the JD is more or less the same?

You mentioned that you trailer your machine around...I was considering getting a trailer, but thought my tractor may be too big for transport on any trailer my truck could pull (I have a F250 SuperDuty, so its a big truck, but I don't know if it is big enough).

Do you in fact have a trailer for your rig? what are you pulling it with?

/ TC40 Pictures
Re: TC40 Pictures FIX

Wen,
Now how would a computer junkie make a mistake like that? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

http://members2.clubphoto.com/herschel83838/NH/

I must of been day dreaming again. By the time I get a tractor here, I'll have all the brush beat back in my mind.

/ TC40 Pictures #5  

Hawgee, I'm just a little confused. Did you get the TC40 or are you still waiting for it? Also, why not just get the TC45? Is there a substantial cost difference? Just wondering about the differences. The spec's on the loader look very good for the 16 and 17LA. If you did get your tractor already, I wish you the greatest of enjoyment with it. I've seen your pictures and just assumed you purchased one already. Rat...

/ TC40 Pictures

Rat,
Just added a few more pix's. No tractor at home. These TC40's just arrived off truck at dealer. First ones for this area. Will be up to see them with loader attached this weekend. We have had an older MF Utility 35. This was a 64' and 3 cylinder Perkins with 2 wheel drive. I assumed with the added cylinder and the different RPM and tork ranges, the newer engine would be more than enough at 40hp. This also included the fact that the newer package (better hydraulics, better power steering, 4 wheel drive, more of everything) at the same horse power would out perform the old MF. Not too little and not too big. The loader ratings for the 40 are the same as the 45. Should have a few $ left for the deluxe seat and 3 point. A good balance of value and extra power for what we know will get the job done. All this and not having to abuse it.
I do think I got the "Bigger is better" or "Faster is fun" out of my system when I sold the 29' Ford Roadster Pickup some years ago. Had a 283 with 12.5 forged Jahn's pistons and 14 inches of Mcleary racing rubber under the rear. Hooked with the close 62' Vet 3 speed stick and old cast NHRA approved factory cast bell housing. (later to save my legs!) You would drive it to 75mph in 2nd and finally get it straight at 95 in 3rd. All the time steering to the left and looking over the drivers door and to the left of the window post to follow the white line. Pegged at 9000rpm with the older Sun tach with sending unit on firewall. (pre transistor and aircraft approved. To sum up, this was just a street rod. Never raced. When the clutch let go and I could still walk away to see another day. To drop the crank that had finally cracked clean in to with a two bolt main. To see the cooling fins on the front of the 12 volt Vet generator flatten out and cause the fan belt to launch over the neighbors house. To still have a bruise on my tailbone from numerous launches in this convertible pickup. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I just want to trash some brush. Move some wood. Dig some ditches. Fill some ditches. Cut some grass.
Give those pesky weeds no place to hide. Throw some mud. (sometimes) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Stop and sip the cold tea if its hot. Coffee any other time. Not see oil leaks under the tractor.
BELIEVE ME, 40 horses will be good' nuff'.

/ TC40 Pictures #7  

I would agree with your horsepower statement completely, as I have stated before, its really the loader capacity I value most and since they share the same loader, you have it made. I must have assumed the 40 would be smaller then the 45 and therefore have a smaller loader. So when is the magic moment? Rat...

/ TC40 Pictures

Rat,
I hope you understand the humor in my earlier post. That was real and so is the 40. I thought hard on this and in a younger day I would have gone for the HP in the size range offerd. We all find that odd job that we wish for more HP or larger size, but wisely choose the one that will cover most bases.
In regards to your question, "So when is the magic moment?" I thought the magic moment came sometime after dinner and just before lites out! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I did not get out early today so will head north in the morning. Got to try the TC40 and be sure. Will post it here if and when things change. In the mean time, I've run down an old pix of the green monster 29' and will put it in with the tractor pictures. After all, it was a Ford. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif