TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #1  

skinnr

Bronze Member
Just picked up a TC45D with a 16LA loader and a new Bradco 509 backhoe. The rear transmission is trashed since the case has been broken on one of the webs that carries the PTO shaft. I paid $5000 for the whole package knowing that I will have to put some $$$ to get it back up and running. Should I even try to fix it or should I just part it ?

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #2  
All depends on how good you are mechanically. Do you have the skill, tooling, shop, etc, to split this tractor and change the rear housing. It being a hydro may be more costly. It's a thread here where a gentleman needs a hydro shaft but NH will only sell him the complete hydro transmission. That tractor in good shape in my area would sell for around $20,000 in this economy, maybe more. If you part it out the backhoe would bring around $4500 to $5000. The front end loader would sell for around $4000. Someone who wanted a different configuration of tires/wheels would probably give you $1500 or so. You can recover the money you spent easily. All depends if you want a few thousand now, or a good tractor later.

Jinman.........what say you?

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #4  
Jinman.........what say you?

I'll pay him $5001 for it and he can pocket a profit.;)

Yes, I think he can easily recoup his investment by fixing or parting out the tractor. The tractor is probably worth lots more as parts than as an assembled unit.

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509
I guess the thing is trying to find the right buyer for the parts and the fact that I would like to have a good tractor. I don't need the backhoe so that has been the plan from the begining. I have it in the shop with most of it broke down to confim the broken case. It looks like the only special tooling I might need is a press to remove some bearings and put the new ones in the new case. Unless I am mistaken it looks like as soon as you pop out a few bearing caps everything should start to slide out. Keep the advice coming and you never know jinman I might take you up on the $5001.

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #7  
So what have you done with your project. thinking about the backhoe.

Thanks Greg

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #8  
I would also be curious on what RickB has to say.

I think if it were close to me and I heard about it first, skinnr would have nothing to ask about.

Despite anything you hear or read from a dealer or manufacturer perspective, a 509 is way more hoe than a Class III chassis needs to have hanging off it.

I'd probably part it out, but without seeing it I can't say for sure.

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509
Sorry it took so long to get back. The project is well under way. The major work is done now its just a lot of small parts that were missing that I am trying to track down. I will post some recent pictures. As for the backhoe I am torn on weather to keep it or not. I have an excavator sitting right next to it so it is hard to justify having another hoe. As for too much backhoe Rick B I will disagree. With the frame mount it is well distributed. Local dealer said that a PTO shaft was to long and that is how the case got broken.

/ TC45D 16LA and Bradco 509 #10  
Makes one wonder why a 14-17 k tractor, 3k loader, and a 8k backhoe would go for 5k with a cracked rear casting. The backhoe and mount used is easily worth 5k. I'm sure a repair shop could fix it for four grand or less if they found a used casting. For an owner to sell this cheap just doesn't make any sense.