TD7E Rebuild Project

/ TD7E Rebuild Project #31  
Thanks for posting hawk10. I have referenced these photos many times in the last few months. I'm facing a rebuild--no oil pressure at hot idle.

How did you remove the engine and leave the torque converter behind? Just support it form the bottom?

What did you do for cam bearings? Did you get the finished version and skip the line boring?

Where did you buy your rebuild kit from?

Thanks!

/ TD7E Rebuild Project
Thanks for posting hawk10. I have referenced these photos many times in the last few months. I'm facing a rebuild--no oil pressure at hot idle.

How did you remove the engine and leave the torque converter behind? Just support it form the bottom?

What did you do for cam bearings? Did you get the finished version and skip the line boring?

Where did you buy your rebuild kit from?

Thanks!

I know that I am way behind on this post, I got caught up in other things and slacked off on the posts.

I held the torque converter up with a ratchet strap to the floorboard and just left everything else attached.

I did not rework the cam bearings, cam, or crankshaft because oddly enough when I check them they were all still in tolerance.

I bought from the following sources:
Bottom End Rebuild Kit: (I cant find this receipt, I apologize, this is the most important Part)
Valve Kit: AGKits
Exhaust Mainfold, Oil Pump, Water Pump, Gaskets: Tractor Parts ASAP
Alternator: Jensales
Hydraulic Cylinder Rebuild Kits: All States Ag Parts