Telemarketers

/ Telemarketers #21  
The folks who call me sound like they are from India? I can't understand what they are saying so I just hang up.

mark

/ Telemarketers #22  
Podunkadunk said:
Moss,
Where did you get that script? It's chocked full of great lines. I'm going to leave a copy of it by the phone.

Podunk

I don't remember. Someone sent it to me in an e-mail and I just like to keep it around. ;)

/ Telemarketers #23  
What do you guys do with telemarketers?? I took the cordless out to the barn with me, was waiting for a call. Anyway, it rang, something about a morgage. Poor guy got the Sheep treatment (when you call the vocal sheep over and dangle the phone over the fence). Other treatments include the Johnny Cash treatment, the Willie Nelson Treatment, The Nickelback treatment. Or the me singing treatment. Basicially me singing/screaming into the phone and making guitar noises. Dont use that much. Dangling the phone over the toilet and flushing it is most common.
They are getting around the "do not call list"
Agents are masking their calls with local numbers.
My phone number is from 2500 miles away so any calls I get from "local" numbers are junk calls.

I 1st started getting impatient then moved quickly to angry.
Since then, I have created various topics to discuss.

Example 1 - sir, how are you today?
Answer - fine except for this rash is driving me crazy. Do you think it has anything to do with my hemmorhoids? Ever since.....
You get the picture.

example 2 - This is detecive jones with homicide, how do you know the deceased? Don't hang up, we have already traced your call.....
You get the picture.

Got a good one?

/ Telemarketers #25  
since I started answering all calls with NO caller ID showing,.. " Riverside County Sheriffs office, FRAUD division ".............then wait for the "click" ............it took a couple weeks but I DO notice I get a LOT less of these calls, I'm probbably on somekind of telemarketers "list" ...........

/ Telemarketers #26  
I have to answer my phone, it may be work related or family related. To many people depend on me and i never know what number it may come from. So when they call, i wait patiently, press 1 to talk to a real person, then tell them to f themselves or kill themselves. After a few days they stop calling until a new scam starts autodialing my phone. Then repeat.

/ Telemarketers #27  
We have been on the do not call list for many years. We still get a lot of robo calls - several a day. I am wondering if we need to re-up on that list, or if the effectiveness of that list depends on the kind of phone you have - we have a VOIP system using Ooma for home.

A brief story: For a long while we received calls from a home security company. Being really tired of these same calls - sometimes several a day - I said - in the most gravelly voice I could muster - that I was old and retired and sat all day on a rocker on the porch with a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun on my lap and that my security system would be to shoot the nuts off of any one trespassing on my property, and so did not need any $%*# security system.

Then after a pause, absolutely the truth, the caller said something like "well, what about a back up system".

Last edited:
   / Telemarketers #28  
Mom's on the DNC list, but it doesn't matter. Got one the other day that was hilarious. I just sat down with my lunch with her, and the phone rang. I told her it was probably (my older sister) or (my niece), as their timing is perfect like that. I answered, laughed, and told Mom it was a telemarketer. Man, was he offended by that! He started denying he was a telemarketer, swearing at me, and then hung up!

People are so easily offended, and I wasn't even Trying!

/ Telemarketers #29  
I got one the other day, and I answered: "Hello! Welcome to KCRC! You're live and on the air. The topic of our open mic forum today is telemarketing! Please hold for our first caller, and be prepared to answer questions about your profession!" CLICK!

I got another, from some guy who could barely speak English; mangled my name and I said "This is ***'s Bordello (only I didn't say "bordello". What the *** do you want?" He said something like, "Oh, sorry." CLICK

The best was when this foreign guy called, and I answered, with exaggerated heavy breathing: "Hello" Do you know what I'm doing?" I'll leave the rest up to you. His answer was classic.