Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #61  
About a 100 billion humans have been here and died.
Our galaxy contains about a 100 billion stars.

Coincidence? Do we become a star when we croak?

This thing blows my mind:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #62  
Helium can not become a solid.

The first real airplane, was invented by a Frenchmen, Blériot XILouis Blériot, named the Blériot XI.

The light bulb was not invented by Edison.

Graham Bell didn't invent the telephone.

Marconi didn't invent the radio.

Galileo didn't invent the telescope.

North America was not discovered by Columbus.

China had moveable type well before Gutenberg.

The first personal computer was not invented by Apple.

Worm Holes are not real things, and have never been observed.

Most person's profiled on US dollar bills at one time owned slaves: Including Hamilton and Ben Franklin.

Louise and Clark, basically trespassed, on to British claimed land once they got out of the bounds of the Louisiana Purchase.

John Lennon wrote "I am the Walrus" as an intentional non-sense song.

Neanderthals, lived 500,000 years, as a species before **** Sapiens. And we inter-bred but only 3% of their DNA is still present.

Tomato is a berry, while the strawberry is not.

in the human body, most of the life forms are not human.

You can still call to find out what time it is, 202-762-1401.

Any one can make their own check... even hand written. All it needs is the routing number. There is nothing "Official" about a check.

During WWII, a half million dosages of amphetamines were issued to US troops.

In ancient Rome, privileged slaves, could also own slaves.

The occurrence of syphilis in Europe predates any contact with the Americas.

Your body contains about 0.2 milligrams of Gold.

The oldest living animal species still around today is the horseshoe crab. Its three times older than Tardigrades.

The first land vehicle to break the sound barrier was the Budweiser Rocket car in 1979.

:)

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #63  
I really enjoy scale models like that.

Again....makes us realize just how small and insignificant we are.

There was at one time....but can't find the link now....an interactive scale that started at earth and you could zoom on or zoom out to both extents of what is 'known"....so both microscopic and galactic scales.

I'll keep digging to see if I can find it again

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #64  
Helium can not become a solid.

The first real airplane, was invented by a Frenchmen, Blériot XILouis Blériot, named the Blériot XI.

The light bulb was not invented by Edison.

Graham Bell didn't invent the telephone.

Marconi didn't invent the radio.

Galileo didn't invent the telescope.

North America was not discovered by Columbus.

China had moveable type well before Gutenberg.

The first personal computer was not invented by Apple.

Worm Holes are not real things, and have never been observed.

Most person's profiled on US dollar bills at one time owned slaves: Including Hamilton and Ben Franklin.

Louise and Clark, basically trespassed, on to British claimed land once they got out of the bounds of the Louisiana Purchase.

John Lennon wrote "I am the Walrus" as an intentional non-sense song.

Neanderthals, lived 500,000 years, as a species before **** Sapiens. And we inter-bred but only 3% of their DNA is still present.

Tomato is a berry, while the strawberry is not.

in the human body, most of the life forms are not human.

You can still call to find out what time it is, 202-762-1401.

Any one can make their own check... even hand written. All it needs is the routing number. There is nothing "Official" about a check.

During WWII, a half million dosages of amphetamines were issued to US troops.

In ancient Rome, privileged slaves, could also own slaves.

The occurrence of syphilis in Europe predates any contact with the Americas.

Your body contains about 0.2 milligrams of Gold.

The oldest living animal species still around today is the horseshoe crab. Its three times older than Tardigrades.

The first land vehicle to break the sound barrier was the Budweiser Rocket car in 1979.

:)
Artificial sweeteners are safe
WMDs were in Iraq
And Anna Nichole married for love

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #65  
Funny Moss

dark matter, a component of the universe whose presence is discerned from its gravitational attraction rather than its luminosity. Dark matter makes up 30.1 percent of the matter-energy composition of the universe; the rest is dark energy (69.4 percent) and “ordinary” visible matter (0.5 percent).

No one really knows what dark matter and dark energy is, only how to measure it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #67  
1648042042770.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #68  
No matter which direction one points a telescope, One always looks BACK in time. Objects and events seen are from a previous moment. And the objects themselves may not even exist at this moment.
I think if the sun exploded it would take us eight minutes to know. That's a fun feeling.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #69  
So do I...it's a vintage Stainless Seiko; probably 40 years old. It was the only watch to survive my years in the Chemistry lab. Like this, only with gold numbers.

View attachment 738515
Well damn, if 40 years old is vintage I guess my watch is vintage. Thanks for making me feel old. Dad gave me his submariner when I graduated college, it's out for service so no pics.