Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,702  
Canada drought leads to wildfires again. Evacuations in Alaska prompted by smoke.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 063530.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,703  
Hopefully not foreshadowing a repeat of last year. I've never seen smoke like that around here. Although what we got was surely nowhere as bad, it was a bit of a wake-up call to what our brothers out west have been dealing with, for many years.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,704  
It's about time they start allowing some minimal grazing to remove some underbrush which makes these fires so hard to fight. I know this is nature but the massiveness of the problem could be easily controlled with an advantage of providing food.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,705  
H
It's about time they start allowing some minimal grazing to remove some underbrush which makes these fires so hard to fight. I know this is nature but the massiveness of the problem could be easily controlled with an advantage of providing food.
How dare you propose something so simple and natural, don't you know that the government bureaucratic idiots know so much more then you.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,706  
Fire is natural, also. However, it doesn't mix well with our current population, so it makes more sense to mimic it in other ways... removing brush and cutting trees.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,708  
H

How dare you propose something so simple and natural, don't you know that the government bureaucratic idiots know so much more then you.
agree...that's why they suggested raking the forest floor a few years ago. :D

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,709  
I think they're all up here now. Don't ever recall them when I was a kid. Maybe too hot for them now where you are?
Well, I'm not THAT far down. :) Maybe the heat ran them out? IDK, most likely the fire ants ran them out, what they didn't eat.