Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,151  
56 degrees and overcast. Still sprinking a litte. .35 in the rain gauge (and one grasshopper). Weee. Grow, grass, grow!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,152  
I hear ya Bird, I run ceiling fans and that seems to really make a difference in leveling out the temps in the rooms.

47.8* this morning and just B-E- Utiful outside, no wind, just cool air:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,153  
Just noticed that I am a Silver Member? Seems I went from new member to member, skipping cardboard member, tin member, pot metal member, jumping straight to Silver Member. Whoa!

How many posts to become unobtanium member?

If you post too much spam, you'll become a scrap-metal member and they send you to DogHouseByNet.;)

Congrats on your Silver.:thumbsup:

BTW: I'm far enough north of Dennis to be a few degrees cooler. It was 43 F here this morning with a thick glistening dew coating the grass. The Sun is making the grass sparkle like diamonds.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,154  
56 degrees and overcast. Still sprinking a litte. .35 in the rain gauge (and one grasshopper). Weee. Grow, grass, grow!

We had .35" rain and no grasshopper and it was 60˚ this morning on top of this warm paver topped hill. I'm going to have to put a thermometer in the valley during this time of year to see the temperature difference. It is a 60' elevation difference. This is the greenest I've see it this year.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,155  
58 degrees at 5:30 am and started raining at 6 am. About 1/2" but was windy so maybe a bit more.

This was a great day at the ranch. Looking forward to fall.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,156  
I am glad I don't own a snowblower ..... Or have to.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,157  
Only snow thrower (oh, you said snowblower) is my right arm about every ten years when we get a snow. :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,158  
Only snow thrower (oh, you said snowblower) is my right arm about every ten years when we get a snow. :D

Missed last one. Was in Branson and was melted before we got back.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,159  
Y'all got any idea where a person could pick up a true Spring Tooth Harrow, worth the money? The doggone KR Bluestem is taking over, and the best means of trying to control it that I can find is to rip it 2" deep with a harrow, this next Spring. I'd be pulling it with the JD 1050, so won't have a lot of HP to spare, so can't go a lot of tines. Thanks for any help.

Just one more example of someone having introduced non-native species into our eco-system. I wish the "powers that be" would learn from the mistakes of the past, such as this invasive grass.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,160  
Y'all got any idea where a person could pick up a true Spring Tooth Harrow, worth the money? The doggone KR Bluestem is taking over, and the best means of trying to control it that I can find is to rip it 2" deep with a harrow, this next Spring. I'd be pulling it with the JD 1050, so won't have a lot of HP to spare, so can't go a lot of tines. Thanks for any help.

Just one more example of someone having introduced non-native species into our eco-system. I wish the "powers that be" would learn from the mistakes of the past, such as this invasive grass.

Your gonna have a new hobby/task/PITA controlling that stuff.
Is it in the acres of pasture you keep mowing or just in spots?
KR Bluestem Confirmed by Extension Service - News and Alerts | MasterScapes®