Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,821  
I am younger than you are, pacerron! Better be careful though, or I'll beat you with my cane! I'll bet I could catch you to hit you, since I will only be 29 on my next birthday!

I think the hardest thing for me is to not cross taxiways, when told to taxi to the runway. If you only want me to taxi to taxi way Delta, and hold there, then "clear me to taxiway Delta", not to runway 17! :confused2:

The Feds have been taking a tougher stance against runway incursions. We have annual mandatory:rolleyes: recurrent online:rolleyes::rolleyes: training on it. If You don't complete it by a set date...............your locked out of the time clock.:shocked::thumbdown::eek:

I'm starting to feel better now.:thumbsup: I keep thinking the Big RED Beast is needing a battery charing run doing something, anything:confused3:....like grading the driveway. Something that involves no logistical thinking.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,822  
Yes, bindian. My 1050 has been feeling a bit neglected. I think he needs me to spend some quality time with him, this weekend. Battery charging is as good an excuse as any. After all, they are sexy, rugged, dependable, capable and willing, so we should give them the attention they need.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,823  
I think the hardest thing for me is to not cross taxiways, when told to taxi to the runway. If you only want me to taxi to taxi way Delta, and hold there, then "clear me to taxiway Delta", not to runway 17! :confused2:

FG,
You can always ask for progessive taxi instructions. The tower always lllllooooooovvvvvvvveeeeesss that!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,824  
Yes, bindian. My 1050 has been feeling a bit neglected. I think he needs me to spend some quality time with him, this weekend. Battery charging is as good an excuse as any. After all, they are sexy, rugged, dependable, capable and willing, so we should give them the attention they need.
Maybe you can take your 1050 to the drive in movie?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,825  
Maybe you can take your 1050 to the drive in movie?
hugs, Brandi

Better that he and I are involved in activities! :thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,826  
What, I miss a morning of posting, and y'all just quit too? :confused: Where is everyone? :reading:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,827  
FG,
You can always ask for progessive taxi instructions. The tower always lllllooooooovvvvvvvveeeeesss that!
hugs, Brandi

Yes, I know! Funny thing, I don't much worry about what the tower loves or doesn't. I have always been one that would face any apprehension, head on. When I first HAD to begin talking to towers and Center for IFR stuff, it made me uncomfortable. What did I do? I got a part time job in a control tower! So, I have no fear of what they want, or don't want. Here is me at work, back then.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,828  
What, I miss a morning of posting, and y'all just quit too? :confused: Where is everyone? :reading:

I have no clue. Maybe they all PM'd each other to just let us babble.

While doctoring and feeding Booger this afternoon, I decided to start the Mahindra to charge the battery. Just as I feared, sure enough, I got a gremlin in the throttle cable as it stuck at 2000 rpm. Didn't feel like working on it, so it's on tomorrow's list, if I feel better. Should just be a good cable spray lube and it will be good as new.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,829  
Yes, I know! Funny thing, I don't much worry about what the tower loves or doesn't. I have always been one that would face any apprehension, head on. When I first HAD to begin talking to towers and Center for IFR stuff, it made me uncomfortable. What did I do? I got a part time job in a control tower! So, I have no fear of what they want, or don't want. Here is me at work, back then.
I love the top your wearing. Dad was put in the tower in WWII after he had knee surgery and his squadron shipped out. We had a female in the tower at night for a while at HOU. She would carry on conversations with us while we were doing power assurance runs in the wee hours of the morning.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,830  
I had some help from the neighbors dog this evening,they had a hog bayed when I come home from work today could hear all the barking, ran out with the 30-06 and smoked it...