Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,801  
My brother who lives North of Dallas is saying the same thing. He was going to come to central Texas this weekend and wondered if he would be able to refill his tank. I told him I had just filled my lawn mower gas cans and if he needs the 10 gallons to get back to Dallas he can have it.

The girl I saw in Facebook talking about it was in Little Elm. Not sure where that is.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,802  
What about on road diesel? I got plenty of off road fuel.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,804  
This is all a social media induced crisis causing Idiots to go top off their tanks. There is plenty of gasoline and diesel fuel, just some storm induced delays in restocking stations.

The question you MUST ask, before filling up is WAS THIS STATION UNDER WATER? If so, do you know if underground tanks were contaminated with flood water?

If it was on the internet, most likely it was BS!!!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,806  
It is a social media induced problem. Now the main stream media is covering it so it will only get worse. Most people fill up once a week. When everyone shows up the same day the store runs out of fuel. Add in all the extra vehicles of evacuees and holiday travelers, someone panics and starts posting, and so everyone runs to fill up the vehicle and gas cans.

Latest EIA report shows 230 million barrels of gasoline in storage so it is not a supply issue, it is a distribution issue. Most convenience stores only have 2 10,000 gallon tanks, 1 for 87 octane no lead and one for 93 octane no lead. The mid grade is blended by the pump. They would also have a tank for diesel if they sell it. When you have a run on fuel it doesn't take long to empty the tanks. The tanker coming in carries 8,000 gallons so it can go pretty fast. There are only so many tankers so it is tough keeping everyone supplied.

It will work itself out before long but we will all pay the price at the pump.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,808  
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,809  
Gasoline prices here from $2.19 to $2.59 3/4 of stations are out of gas including the big Buckye's on Hwy 71 in Bastrop.
HEB was out of gas but then a tanker arrived and immediately had lines 6 deep.
Disel was still open in all stations.
The station that had the highest price gas had no lines so that tells me people are not desperate and are just topping off.
Three of the stations out of gasoline had police cars sitting on watch - for what I have no idea.

Talked to BIL in North Houston his station was out of gas and hoped to get more tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,810  
Three of the stations out of gasoline had police cars sitting on watch - for what I have no idea.

Out of gas, but had plenty of donuts?:confused3:

Luke filled up at our corner store/Valero up the street. He said they had diesel.
My truck popped the check engine light this morning. Then I had no pedal. Called AAA and waited and was hold for over 15 minutes. So I idled out of McDonald's parking lot, across I-45 and through Willis, all the way home, climbing hills at 5mph, speeding up to 15 downhill. I'm waiting right now on a call that it is ready. They are open to 7 tonight, but will then be closed to Tuesday morning.
I was suppost to take the BRB 20-22 miles west tomorrow morning and mow cleared land growth for a (woohoo) repete customer. If I get the truck back today, I will be able to mow late tomorrow or Sunday.
hugs, Brandi