Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,052  
It's not funny, but they used to make the coal fired powerplants keep up a 6 month supply of coal, in the form of a hill, in case of disruptions in the supply chain.

Nowadays, the nit wits in charge think nothing of installing huge wind and solar farms. Which don't have much in the way of backup.

Think about it.... Here we are.

Nit wits. Uhg.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,053  
It's not funny, but they used to make the coal fired powerplants keep up a 6 month supply of coal, in the form of a hill, in case of disruptions in the supply chain.

Nowadays, the nit wits in charge think nothing of installing huge wind and solar farms. Which don't have much in the way of backup.

Nit wits. Uhg.
Sometimes it’s just completely inconceivable.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,055  
We skipped over the 4th of July Independence Day so, I hope everyone enjoyed it and is having a great summer. I’ve enjoyed the weather lately and looks like we may get some rain later this week.

I’ll be attending the first day of the TSCRA convention in Ft. Worth this weekend. Just too busy to say for the entire thing as much as I would like.

Bindi, I bet you are getting a lot done at your place with the nicer weather.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Go to the beach if you can. They say Port A is fine this year. I’ll try to get down there as soon as I can.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,056  
Man - down south of me - on the hills around the Snake R, at Dodge, and north to Rosalia - big wind farms as far as the eye can see. Some are so close to Hwy 127, going north, looks like you might run into the blades as they rotate.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,057  
We skipped over the 4th of July Independence Day so, I hope everyone enjoyed it and is having a great summer. I’ve enjoyed the weather lately and looks like we may get some rain later this week.

I’ll be attending the first day of the TSCRA convention in Ft. Worth this weekend. Just too busy to say for the entire thing as much as I would like.

Bindi, I bet you are getting a lot done at your place with the nicer weather.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Go to the beach if you can. They say Port A is fine this year. I’ll try to get down there as soon as I can.
Here we go again.:rolleyes: I gather by Bindi, you are referring to me, Brandi :unsure:
We have been getting just enough rain everyday to screw up my outdoor plans. Was in Manor the last 4 days and sunny skies all day, all four days.

Most days it just rains enough to not mow the grass. To work the sawmill, I gotta wear rubber boots. I decided last week, I will tarp the sawmill this week, so I can continue sawing while the nuisance rain continues.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,058  
Here we go again.:rolleyes: I gather by Bindi, you are referring to me, Brandi :unsure:
We have been getting just enough rain everyday to screw up my outdoor plans. Was in Manor the last 4 days and sunny skies all day, all four days.

Most days it just rains enough to not mow the grass. To work the sawmill, I gotta wear rubber boots. I decided last week, I will tarp the sawmill this week, so I can continue sawing while the nuisance rain continues.
hugs, Brandi
Yes Brandi (bindian)! Sorry! Glad to hear you had a good visit in Manor!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,059  

Nit wits. Uhg.
You are exactly right on all counts!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,060  
Been raining here so much the last couple of months, I put a tarp over the sawmill.
Sawmill Tarped 2.jpg
Sawmill Tarped Movable Support Pole.jpg
Sawmill Tarp From Deck.jpg
Since I did that, it hasn't rained more than 14 drops.
hugs, Brandi