Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,161  
Got some jobs done today, cleaned pool filter, leaf litter. Rototilled garden, planted peppers, laid down grass fertilizer on lawns 13-13-13, 1.5 acres. Washed outside windows, cleaned outside pool chairs, put up christmas stuff from garage to attic. Watching F1, again. HS

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,162  
Have to go to Carrollton this morning. I'm not looking forward to the trip, but we're looking forward to seeing our New Grand Daughter, "Avery Jaye".

Denise was up late last night making Baked Ziti......Italians can't show up without bringing food. At least it looks like a pretty day for a drive, till we hit the Dallas Mess, starts about Terrell now.

Charlie

Congrats, Native! The traffic will be forgotten when you see that baby! And I love the name!!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,163  
Yes .. Congrats Charlie !!!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,164  
I live four miles east of the Bucees in Madisonville. I almost never go there although they do have a lot of interesting stuff. The store is clean. The main reason I don't go is its a madhouse. It wasn't that long ago that there were no red lights at the intersection of I-45 and Tx 21. The traffic is horrible. They don't advertise their gas prices but it's nearly always jam packed. Happened to stop at one in Waller couple weeks ago. It's a bigger store but nowhere near as many customers.

The gas at Brookshires is usually cheaper but you can't beat the restrooms at Bucees for being clean.

Best place I have found to eat at in Madisonville is Legend's.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,165  
Congrats Charlie!

I was down in Lou's neck of the woods and everybody is already cutting their St. Augustine grass. It's all so green while all I have is weeds growing in my yard. The winter weeds get worse every year. I should spray some 2-4 D but since I have little kids, I just decided to scalp it. Put the deck on about 1" high and cut it all down.

I do have some tough to kill sticker weeds and some kind of weed that makes a million tiny spikes that are very pervasive. I spot spray with MSMA. I know, it's not good for much except pesky weeds......

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,166  
Another congrats Charlie!! Another good reason to drive to the "big city":thumbsup:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,167  
Weather was great Sunday, just a bit windy. Caught the biggest mole I have ever seen, almost 8"! at 1st I thought I had a rat or squirrel:laughing: It was a biggin. Daum thing has been terrorizing my garden everyday with new diggings. I still find my self on the "fence" whether they are bad , or a good use for bug control, but sure are destructive.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,168  
Weather was great Sunday, just a bit windy. Caught the biggest mole I have ever seen, almost 8"! at 1st I thought I had a rat or squirrel:laughing: It was a biggin. Daum thing has been terrorizing my garden everyday with new diggings. I still find my self on the "fence" whether they are bad , or a good use for bug control, but sure are destructive.

Dennis,
I need to borrow a trap. Saw the biggest mole tunnel shooting across my driveway yesterday. I tried to sic Booger on him, but the tunnel was cold with no scent.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,169  
Charlie, at least the traffic shouldn't be as bad on Sunday as it is on weekdays. I'm sure you'll enjoy that granddaughter, and that's certainly an unusual and distinctive name. I've only personally known one "Avery" and that was my paternal grandfather, Avery Lund.

Bird-Yes the name is a little different, but it's growing on me. Needless to say but she's a real Beauty and we're very proud of her.

Brandi- That makes a total of 7 grandkids now and it sure was a house-ful yesterday as they were all there, but it was great fun, especially when they would all ask "When are we going to come to your house Paw-Paw?"

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,170  
OK here's my attempt to put up a picture of all the grandkids with the newby, and the ones on each end are cousins. As you can imagine it was a houseful but a lot of fun.

Charlie

photo.jpg