Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,951  
Darn BR, you may get a harvest!! When is opening day Dove season:laughing:

It's the first weekend in September. That's when my shotgun buds get to slaughter the international symbol for peace. Or as I once pointed out to an extremely excited bud extolling the benefits of dove hunting, "takes a pretty brave SOB to face down a mean old dove and only have a twelve gauge". BTW, I eat quail, farm raised and pellet free.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,952  
Harv, make sure come in from the correct way to Mikes place. There is a big dip in the road near Mikes place that may be a problem with a 5th wheel in tow.
Thanks Ron. I'm okay with backing up the fifth wheel, just not for long distances........

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,953  
Good warning Ron. That STEEP dip is a cemented low water crossing and is not visible till you are right on it and not passable with a fifth wheel. I hope Harv sees this or Mike told him to come the other way. Mike we will be expecting some pictures this evening!:thumbsup:

Since Harv will be a day behind that means on Saturday some fun work will still be available. We will also bring a pot of lima beans with the German potato salad Saturday.

Don, you didn't get the memo? There was always going to be work left over for Saturday, just now there will be more.......

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,954  
Ahh yes .. And my Cocker Spaniel pup will be around 10 months old .. She was with me yesterday .. I explained the game plan !! She sat there ears cocked and listened to me .. I believe she never understood a thing .. Just thought I was babbling !!!

Blue-- I know, I get that same look from my wife.

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#4,955  
It's the first weekend in September. That's when my shotgun buds get to slaughter the international symbol for peace. Or as I once pointed out to an extremely excited bud extolling the benefits of dove hunting, "takes a pretty brave SOB to face down a mean old dove and only have a twelve gauge". BTW, I eat quail, farm raised and pellet free.

Way back in my early teens, I heard about what great sport dove hunting was and how good the eating was, so I shot one and ate it; not bad and not enough meat to be worth a shotgun shell and I never shot at another one. We now have doves come to feed under our bird feeders every day, and of course they're never molested.:laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,957  
Harv -- if ya haven't left yet -- call me from Paige on 290 for directions in.

jim -- you headed this way yet?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,958  
We (VFD) had our excitement for the year. 18 wheeler, Did a complete rollover with the truck landing back on it's wheels and the tank -1800 gallons of diesel- was laid on it's side leaking, driver seriously injured.
Driver StarFlighted to Austin.
Diesel leak reduced by 90%.
Earthen berm to stop diesel flow.
Stand by 4 hours while they uprighted the tank and pumped it out.
Hot & Tired.

Normally the truck would not be driving on these Farm to Market roads with a narrow soft steep shoulder, but there are several oil wells going up on that road and this will happen.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,959  
We (VFD) had our excitement for the year. 18 wheeler, Did a complete rollover with the truck landing back on it's wheels and the tank -1800 gallons of diesel- was laid on it's side leaking, driver seriously injured.
Hot & Tired.

Normally the truck would not be driving on these Farm to Market roads with a narrow soft steep shoulder, but there are several oil wells going up on that road and this will happen.

At least you didn't have to lay your hose across an active RR track.
I'm no fireman, but I don't think this would work.:confused3:
Fire truck RR track hose.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,960  
Hot & Tired.

WoW Don, bad day, but could have been much worse, but know you know that.