Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,991  
Got 2.25 over night and another .2 this afternoon. Things are really looking good this summer. This rain was not really predicted, a light thunder shower yes but a slow moving front dumping almost 2.5 inches, no. Lovin it. HS

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,992  
Rain Prevention Dome must be activated. Cloudy and breezy, but nary a drop to be seen.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,993  
I think I got everyone beat! I have been busy all weekend. I have some very dear, long time friends and she is having some health issues. So, cooked all day yesterday and last night, then drove almost to DAL to deliver food, bread, desserts, etc. I left at 0830 this morning, and had 0.4 in the rain gauge, and it was barely misting. I figured that was that, and was thankful for it. I almost did not get home, this afternoon!!! Rain had been falling hard all day, and roads were covered with water, and pastures were standing waist deep in it. Only had one spot that scared the poop out of me getting home, and that was 1/4 mile from the house. One small creek and bridge, and the creek was a raging river and over the bridge. Had I been in anything smaller than I was in, I would have never attempted crossing, and was lucky I didn't get into trouble crossing in my rig, because water 2 feet deep and rushing like this was can get one into trouble quickly. (Would have been deeper trying to come from the other direction to get home, as there is a creek on that end of the road that can be really wicked, when rains come like they did.) Anyway, both rain gauges were overflowing at the 5 inch mark, and I poured 10 inches of water out of the horse buckets and feed troughs!!! With the runoff, I have one section of fence that is going to need attention, before I turn any livestock back out near it, but ......drum roll, please.......My 2.5 acre stock tank is overflowing!!!!! It is almost 30 feet deep, and full capacity is 25 feet deep. Water is still running in, so it is still running out around the dam. Here it is from my front lawn area.

Attachments

• 100_1497.jpg
    100_1497.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 93
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,994  
20140728_161157.jpg20140728_161102.jpg20140728_164109.jpg20140728_164137.jpgmaking progress -- Ron - if you come in Dec to check it -- I might have it complete by then....;)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,995  
Guys .. I'm envious .. Wish I was there .. Been busy

Attachments

• image-3815660591.jpg
    image-3815660591.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 74
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,996  
WOW FG! I know you have been waiting for that tank to get filled:thumbsup:

Seen allot of good reports South of me, 6-7" I hear in Southern Dallas and Tarrant Co

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,998  
Here are a few action pictures taken today on Mikim's Gate building project. Lots of fire and smoke and it gets set in place for the final weldings and extension railings.

The TBN get together was a blast with a few new faces. Brandy I don't think your grandchild ever stopped smiling, just looking at her makes one smile back. You have a very nice family. Jim and Kathy drove the farthest so they get the award. For the closest it was probably Kyle. It was great getting to see some of the Texas get-together bunch again.

Attachments

• smoke and flames.jpg
    smoke and flames.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 87
  • setting in place.jpg
    setting in place.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 79
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,000  
I think I got everyone beat! I have been busy all weekend. I have some very dear, long time friends and she is having some health issues. So, cooked all day yesterday and last night, then drove almost to DAL to deliver food, bread, desserts, etc. I left at 0830 this morning, and had 0.4 in the rain gauge, and it was barely misting. I figured that was that, and was thankful for it. I almost did not get home, this afternoon!!! Rain had been falling hard all day, and roads were covered with water, and pastures were standing waist deep in it. Only had one spot that scared the poop out of me getting home, and that was 1/4 mile from the house. One small creek and bridge, and the creek was a raging river and over the bridge. Had I been in anything smaller than I was in, I would have never attempted crossing, and was lucky I didn't get into trouble crossing in my rig, because water 2 feet deep and rushing like this was can get one into trouble quickly. (Would have been deeper trying to come from the other direction to get home, as there is a creek on that end of the road that can be really wicked, when rains come like they did.) Anyway, both rain gauges were overflowing at the 5 inch mark, and I poured 10 inches of water out of the horse buckets and feed troughs!!! With the runoff, I have one section of fence that is going to need attention, before I turn any livestock back out near it, but ......drum roll, please.......My 2.5 acre stock tank is overflowing!!!!! It is almost 30 feet deep, and full capacity is 25 feet deep. Water is still running in, so it is still running out around the dam. Here it is from my front lawn area.

Wow FG, that is wonderful and long overdue. I hope your friend is doing better.
hugs, Brandi