Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,285  
Thanks guys. I got the big stuff cleaned up Thursday. Huge limbs on the house, one tree in the small pond, and one huge oak leaning into another huge oak. All hauled to the back burn piles. Hauled huge limbs from my neighbors house with the grapple. Our electricity was restored sometime Thurs. morning. Not sure what time, as the main breaker was open and generator running. Put about 20 hours on the generator, on about 5 gallons of diesel. I think that is pretty good for a 8500 watt generator! I'll post photo Sunday evening. Funny thing...............I put a friend's bio diesel in it in 2008 after Hurricane Ike. I still smell biodiesel when I crank it up!

I'm in Manor right now at my daughter's house now. I came over Friday afternoon. Sat. afternoon I changed my Grand daughter's baby bed into a little girl's bed. Now she can get in and out by herself......like a big girl!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,286  
Here's another one with a little different twist.
Tractor stuck in mud - YouTube

I think doing it this way will work better when your 4x4 can't find solid enough bottom. Great ideas. I will have to remember them when I have the backhoe off. I have used my tractor as anchor while a struck mini track loader backed over one chain and got unstuck.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,287  
Will try again - may double post. Did some mowing today. Beautiful day and grass is crazy this year
! image.jpeg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,289  
Photos from Wed. after the storm. News helicopter was right over the Mahindra when we took the street photo.4-27-16 News Helicopter Over Pineloch.jpg4-27-16 Pineloch Pines Down.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,290  
Photos of the limbs on the roof. Hanging limb is still there. No satisfaction from Allstate yet. I'm going to change homeowners insurance to Farm Bureau, where all my vehicles are. Looks like I'll rent a cherry picker this weekend. Unless I can get a quote from a tree company cheaper than the rental rate.4-27-16 Limbs on Roof.jpg4-27-16 Limb Hanging Over Roof.jpg
hugs, Brandi