Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,291  
The photo of my electric pole leaning after it was bowing from the fallen tree over the pond. SHECO told me to go ahead and cut the tree and drag it off the line, as they didn't have the equipment. I cut it down after dark. Then we heard the pole cracking. It was bowed so far, I told the SHECO linemen to drop the line and I would get it out of their way. The next morning I drug it out of the pond. It was awkward dragging it out, as the tree bent just above the ground and bent over the pond. Cutting the tree almost dropped the trunk in the water. I had to drive over the dam and down to get a short leash on the chain. All after dark. Thank GOD for headlights 4-29-16 Dragging Tree Out Of Pond.jpg4-28-16 Tree In Pond After Dragging Off Highline.jpg4-27-16 Tree Fell Over Pond on Highline.jpg4-27-16 Electric Pole Leaning.jpg
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,292  
Most fun of the day was digging the uprooted tree with the CAT. I thought pushing with the CAT and pulling with the Mahindra would angle it far enough to clear the fence. I was wrong on moving it that way. Too much weight hung up at the top in the supporting tree. Instead I got the CAT in front of the root system and pulled the whole tree toward the CAT. The CAT pulled it like child's play. That worked good enough and with the Mahindra pulling from the side................dropped the tree right where I wanted, missing a small oak and clearing the fence.4-29-16 Huge Oak Missed Fence.jpg4-29-16 Huge Uprooted Oak Down.jpg4-29-16 Dragging And Pulling Oak Over.jpg4-28-16 Huge Oak Tree Uprooted.jpg4-28-16 Huge Oak Tree Root Sytem.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,293  
More fun over the weekend. I spent it with Rebecca and Chloe. I converted Chloe's baby bed into a little girls bed. She loves it. She didn't get out of it anytime during the night. I got tons of hugs and kisses for converting it. Rebecca bought a conversion kit, but it was the wrong one. I had to install barrel nuts and even 5 inch long carriage bolts to make it work. But it was worth it! 4-30-16 Chloe Giggling In Bed.jpg4-30-16 Chloe's Baby Bed Converted Into Girls Bed.jpg
I came home Sunday and took a 2 hour nap in the recliner. Good times.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,294  
Looks great. And it appears you had some fun tractor time.
More fun over the weekend. I spent it with Rebecca and Chloe. I converted Chloe's baby bed into a little girls bed. She loves it. She didn't get out of it anytime during the night. I got tons of hugs and kisses for converting it. Rebecca bought a conversion kit, but it was the wrong one. I had to install barrel nuts and even 5 inch long carriage bolts to make it work. But it was worth it! View attachment 467053View attachment 467054
I came home Sunday and took a 2 hour nap in the recliner. Good times.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#6,295  
Yep, that's very nice, Brandi.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,296  
Well bad news the wife's aunt of a young age of 55,had a heart attack out of the blue and past away. Only health issues she has is like me just hypertension and on low dose BP meds.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,298  
Harv and Bird,
Thanks.:)

Harv,
I would have had fun seat time, but was running sleep deprived.:confused2: I was up 32 hours the day before and didn't wanna do anything stupid with the chain saw, the tractor, and up on the roof. So I waited to the next day, after trying to sleep with no a/c.:( Then on to the weekend, where my Grand daughter wakes up at 7am, no matter what.:thumbdown: Now I'm down with a nasal infection:mad:...........with another busy weekend planned. I'm renting a 50 foot cherry picker to get to the limbs hanging down on the roof..........that are too high up to cut off right now.

Then I gotta redo the chicken wire fence on my neighbor's fence line. The fence with the PVC pipe posts!:eek: I can see replacing that with a proper fence real soon.;) The storm washed too much debris into it and the chicken wire is down, buried in the silt. The ducks, right now, are basically free range ducks.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,299  
Well bad news the wife's aunt of a young age of 55,had a heart attack out of the blue and past away. Only health issues she has is like me just hypertension and on low dose BP meds.
Jim,
Oh WOW, that is awful. Prayers for her and your families.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,300  
Harv and Bird,
Thanks.:)

Then I gotta redo the chicken wire fence on my neighbor's fence line. The fence with the PVC pipe posts!:eek: I can see replacing that with a proper fence real soon.;) The storm washed too much debris into it and the chicken wire is down, buried in the silt. The ducks, right now, are basically free range ducks.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Free range or Peking Duck? Mmmmm mmmmm good!

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1462404463.175604.jpg