Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,072  
I have access to natural gas, but it isn't in a pipe.
hugs, Brandi
I had a friend in Oklahoma once who had to flare off his drinking water. His 300' water well was half gas and half water. He could have cooked and heated with it, but installing and maintaining the dryer cost more than it was worth at the time.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,073  
The guys installing it ran it for 5 hours before bringing it out. The Kohler is rated to change oil every 100 hours, or 50 hours if ran that long. I really don't know what you are trying to convey by mentioning mental math and comparing it to a car on a freeway. Running at steady RPMs is nothing like an automobile engine with constant rpm changes.
I was an A&P mechanic (still am, as the license is good until revoked) for 43 years, with the last 28 years with Southwest Airlines. I know more about using hours than miles. Who drives 55 anyway??????????????????????
Brandi
My bad. I thought that you were objecting to the 100 service. With your background, of course not.
Amateurs like me are perhaps more used to thinking about miles to service intervals. I was just trying to put the service interval in a different perspective. I have seen more than a few folks on TBN complain about servicing every 100 hours on generators.

All the best,

Peter

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,074  
I had a friend in Oklahoma once who had to flare off his drinking water. His 300' water well was half gas and half water. He could have cooked and heated with it, but installing and maintaining the dryer cost more than it was worth at the time.
I didn't mean "that" type of natural gas. It's the kind I get after eating rich food.
hugs, Brandi
:p

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,077  
Looks like the upper gulf coast and SE Texas is going to get some in the next few days from the tropical storm that just formed. I hope we get several inches up in the Buffalo area.