The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor.

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor.
I'm glad that your dealer is working it out with you. Bummer for this on a new unit. I don't think this series of tractor has endemic issues. I and others have had zero issues. Good luck and keep us updated.

He said this is only the second one he's took back for issues out of the ordinary, most only have a censor or other small thing if anything. This includes the 55-75 Workmaster series he said. I think it was just one of those, always been lucky to have solid machines, guess I was just due one finally. If anything it helped me to trust this dealer with anything in the future.

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #42  
Very nice Tractor! Yeah what I had on the rear wasn't enough. Haha. Actually in the process now of building a box until I can save enough change for some more implements, brown disc harrows are first. Did you make your rear ballast? If so share some pictures, looks good.

BMan,

I did make the ballast box. If you go to the "Projects" forum page 6 under the title "Removing dirt going with concrete for barn" you can see the build. It starts on about page 3. I'm guessing it tips the scale at close to 1600 pounds.

Very nice Tractor! Yeah what I had on the rear wasn't enough. Haha. Actually in the process now of building a box until I can save enough change for some more implements, brown disc harrows are first. Did you make your rear ballast? If so share some pictures, looks good.

BMan,

I did make the ballast box. If you go to the "Projects" forum page 6 under the title "Removing dirt going with concrete for barn" you can see the build. It starts on about page 3. I'm guessing it tips the scale at close to 1600 pounds.

I'll check that out, thanks

Pulling post today to move the pasture, easy enough :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_122903008_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170923_122903008_HDR.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20170923_122926327.jpg
    IMG_20170923_122926327.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 165
Finished stumps last night and while the pile burns I moved on to raking/leveling. Making progress to getting some pasture grass on this next weekend I hope!

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_131149401_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170923_131149401_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 159
   / The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #46  
He said this is only the second one he's took back for issues out of the ordinary, most only have a censor or other small thing if anything. This includes the 55-75 Workmaster series he said. I think it was just one of those, always been lucky to have solid machines, guess I was just due one finally. If anything it helped me to trust this dealer with anything in the future.

I am glad everything is working out with the dealer and the tractor exchange. I would still want to understand how/where the fluid leaked to the transmission in case there is a tendency for that later (post warranty). Nice tractor! Congratulations!

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #47  
difference between men and boys, price of their toys

A few years ago my wife asked why I couldn't be like other guys and buy a boat. I just grinned!

I am glad everything is working out with the dealer and the tractor exchange. I would still want to understand how/where the fluid leaked to the transmission in case there is a tendency for that later (post warranty). Nice tractor! Congratulations!

Good idea

A few years ago my wife asked why I couldn't be like other guys and buy a boat. I just grinned!

I would say because she would go, but I actually enjoy mine being with me..... Most of the time, lol.

Finished the job today, now to pick up what roots fell out the side of the rake when going through it. It's no dozer by any stretch, but the land was rutted bad from when they stumped it because it was extremely wet then. Did a good job exposing the majority of the left over roots and leveling out the ruts in the process. I was curious how things would go after the first night with the new unit but it's turned out good and seems to be a solid hard working machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_191759879_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170923_191759879_HDR.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 206
Didn't take long for this to happen... What happens when 5 tons in a hopper finds the only stump hole you didn't find in a wet hole. Get it out later.

Attachments

• IMG_20170929_162906456.jpg
    IMG_20170929_162906456.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 292