The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work"

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work" #31  
One test that you can do is to do a compression test on each cylinder.

Do you have glow plugs? That would make it easy to do.
I may be mistaken but every Ford built tractor diesel ( not sure on all Shibauras) I have seen has been direct injected so no glow plugs.

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work" #32  
One test that you can do is to do a compression test on each cylinder.

Do you have glow plugs? That would make it easy to do.
Ford BSDs are direct injection, no glow plugs, but large injectors

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work"
Southwest desert heat is a problem, although dry. We rebuilt and ran many tractors without the extra fans, etc. without any problem. 180 deg thermostat and standard fans were the norm. Many, many 56, 66 and 7600s and 10s running in the Coachella Valley without professionally minded drivers or owners. Not saying that your fans won't help, just not real necessary.

On another note, the Ford 7610 and 8010 high clearance mudder tractors suffered oil blubbering from running at idle most of the time, even after break-in. As previously pointed out, the chrome rings take awhile to seat.
I appreciate your input from first hand experience! I am so use to heat being an issue I did a Preemptive strike against it but I did put a switch in line for cold winters 60F...lol You are so tactful
"professionally minded drivers or owners"
Thanks again

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work"
Op I edited my post .

Do you know if the valve seats were ground ? and by ground I do not mean just hand lapped.
Hand lapping will not restore concentricity for a new valve and guide installation. the valve seats HAVE to be reground

A suggestion if after firing up the engine and warming to operating temperature and running under load smell the smoky exhaust, if it smells like un burned diesel my money is on a bad seal on all of the valve / seat assemblies, if it smells of burned engine oil instead well more digging is required.
Did the engine smoke this bad before it was torn down originally?
The valve seats were reground. It smells like Oil for sure. No it did not smoke that much that but it had a dead very low compression cylinder (Broken Ring) and water damage in 3 cylinder walls. The tractor shop replaced the head gasket and put in back together like that without a torque wrench evidently....EEEK Yes! it will run on three cylinders with the the injector pump one tooth off...in case anyone is wondering

Attachments

• 20230814_101211.jpg
    20230814_101211.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 110
  • 20230814_104114.jpg
    20230814_104114.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
   / The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work" #35  
I may have missed it but what weight oil are you using?

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work" #36  
The valve seats were reground. It smells like Oil for sure. No it did not smoke that much that but it had a dead very low compression cylinder (Broken Ring) and water damage in 3 cylinder walls. The tractor shop replaced the head gasket and put in back together like that without a torque wrench evidently....EEEK Yes! it will run on three cylinders with the the injector pump one tooth off...in case anyone is wondering

oh Oh Now I am confused when did the tooth off on the injection pump happen? on this new build or previous work? and they didn't torque the head and also do the bolts in a pattern and sequence it?

oh Oh Now I am confused when did the tooth off on the injection pump happen? on this new build or previous work? and they didn't torque the head and also do the bolts in a pattern and sequence it?
Previous Tractor repair shop. Discovered the loose bolts and the gear was one tooth off when I took it apart

/ The guy that put the engine internals together says "The rings are not seated yet end the smoking is normal. Just give it a couple hours of work" #39  
I bet the Orange tractor that was lifting the motor didn't smoke.. Looks like a Kubota to me. If it was good choice.

I bet the Orange tractor that was lifting the motor didn't smoke.. Looks like a Kubota to me. If it was good choice.
it is a MX5800 I am very happy with it Thanks