The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #1  

tgrashopper

Bronze Member
Tractor
massey Furgeson 1528
I just bought a massey Furgeson 1528 with a Front loader 1520 and I can't find the float position. The operator manual that I have is for 1515/1520 and mention to push the stick foward to reatch Float. It does not work and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or if it's hard to repair.

Previews owner did not know what float was or he knew that it was broken maybe.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #2  
it may not have one..
or
some float levers are hard to push (engauge)
try pushing the lever harder. They make them hard so you wont goto float by mistake.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position
it may not have one..
or
some float levers are hard to push (engauge)
try pushing the lever harder. They make them hard so you wont goto float by mistake.
I tried but I'm scare to break it. might have to dissable it to go have a look at it. I see that previus owner had broke the leaver and welded it...

here is what my manual sai

Attachments

• 20211206_153235.jpg
    20211206_153235.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 127
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #5  
I don't own a 1528 (and there certainly are differences among the feel and behavior of loader valves) but my own on a MF2660 and all that I have worked with have a noticeable "detent" as your manual page image shows. That detent usually feels "like you went past something" and at that point you are in float.
That being said, mine is NOT very consistent and sometimes I have to play with it to get it into float (true of a Kubota smaller one too.) Only way I've ever been sure whether it went into float is to try it and see how it acts. You sort of wish for an LED to go on that shows when you are in float.

I don't own a 1528 (and there certainly are differences among the feel and behavior of loader valves) but my own on a MF2660 and all that I have worked with have a noticeable "detent" as your manual page image shows. That detent usually feels "like you went past something" and at that point you are in float.
That being said, mine is NOT very consistent and sometimes I have to play with it to get it into float (true of a Kubota smaller one too.) Only way I've ever been sure whether it went into float is to try it and see how it acts. You sort of wish for an LED to go on that shows when you are in float.
I'll fool arond aigain with it but the feel that I have when I push foward is like I'm puching the lever into a wall and if I force more it will break the stick

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #7  
Post a picture of the valve. Maybe the valve was replaced with one without float.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #8  
Post a picture of the valve. Maybe the valve was replaced with one without float.
Or maybe the loader valve joystick hardware is broken or jammed. Also don't some of them have a lock you push in and out that restricts lever operation?

I'm new to this. the valve look like what? :) hahaha

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #10  
Just last week my kubota stopped going into float. Went two days thinking I would have to rebuild the mechanism. Instead I greased the linkage and oiled it where I could not reach with grease. It started working again.