The new Grand L 5740 is home!

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #61  
4shorts said:
Here you go Boris1. This is where I mounted the ambient temp sensor. It's the most accurate place on the tractor. This is how it looks in the 5740 now.

Thanks 4shorts - lots of good ideas!

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #63  
Well Bill I've learned the last few days that the only thing these machines have in common is the name Kubota. The 3pt hitch is bigger and longer, the transmission is different. The new tractor is longer and higher, actually a lot higher. Because the tractor is longer I may have to design and fabricate a new custom storage box up front or rework the one I built for the 4240.
Either way I'll get'er done.

Paul,

First off, congrats on the new tractor!! The beast is now the super beast!! Glad to hear that you are transferring most all of your mods over to the new machine. How unfortunate for the new owner of your 4240.

Regarding your custom storage box, I vote that you go ahead and build yourself a new one to fit the KKII properly. Go ahead and box up the old one and send it my way. It should fit my 3540 just fine!! :thumbsup:

On another topic, I took your advice and rented a Gold Wing (versus a Harley Ultra Classic) for my annual motorcycle trip. This year's trip was 1300 miles around Lake Huron. That Wing almost drove itself!! What a great machine. I'm pretty sure that's the direction I'm going when the time comes for me to take the plung!

Carry on my friend and we will all stay pinned to our computers waiting for the next post!

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home!
Paul,

First off, congrats on the new tractor!! The beast is now the super beast!! Glad to hear that you are transferring most all of your mods over to the new machine. How unfortunate for the new owner of your 4240.

Regarding your custom storage box, I vote that you go ahead and build yourself a new one to fit the KKII properly. Go ahead and box up the old one and send it my way. It should fit my 3540 just fine!! :thumbsup:

On another topic, I took your advice and rented a Gold Wing (versus a Harley Ultra Classic) for my annual motorcycle trip. This year's trip was 1300 miles around Lake Huron. That Wing almost drove itself!! What a great machine. I'm pretty sure that's the direction I'm going when the time comes for me to take the plung!

Carry on my friend and we will all stay pinned to our computers waiting for the next post!

Hey Thomas great to hear your still around. Ya I took the plunge and went for the 5740. Glad to hear you liked the Wing. I've really enjoyed mine and it's a trouble free bike. As for the storage box. Well I started from scratch and built a new design. Great hearing from you buddy.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/215876-lights-shackles-phase-1-a.html