The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,291  
Travis,

I have started having issues out of my 3rd function valve. The allen head plugs on the sides of the valve have started coming loose randomly and leaking fluid all over the place. I've tightened them several times, and tightened to the point I fear I should tighten no farther, but they still come loose and leak.

I haven't taken them out to know if there is any sort of o-ring or seal in behind them that might need replaced, I thought you may be able to tell me? Otherwise, I wanted your recommendation on what sort of thread sealer to use to prevent them from coming loose? Am I being silly to worry about over-tightening them and should just crank em down?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

I have had the same thing happen several times and I posted the issue on this forum... At first I thought the allen screws might be PSI adjustments but apparently not... I do not see what purpose they serve other than possible a pilot-operated device or gauge... I was told by the OEM and Dealer to simply tighten them as much as possible... That stopped the leaks BUT they have since come loose again... I have NOT done this yet but I am about to try some Teflon tape or LockTite... LMK how this plays-out for you and I will do the same...

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,292  
Wow that痴 some amazing pics!! Wouldn稚 wanna drive around there at night... may drive right off the cliff! Lol!

That last push on the treadle could be a doozy.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,293  
   / The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,294  
Yes! Really push the tractor up to warp speed!

Terminal velocity for sure. But what a great view along the way, too bad you would not be able to tell your kids about it :eek:

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,295  
Well add me to the list, just ordered a 60” EA Wicked root grapple. My birthday is August 9th, sure would be nice to have it then, haha.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,296  
Well add me to the list, just ordered a 60 EA Wicked root grapple. My birthday is August 9th, sure would be nice to have it then, haha.

If you do not get it by then will EA offer to give it to you as a belated birthday present? :thumbsup: Travis, what do you say?

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,297  
Well.... my Birthday is July 15... but after waiting now 8 plus weeks... I don't think I want to wait until my birthday... but I do like good single malts! :D

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,298  
Forgot to add to this thread... and posted on main EA thread... but I got shipping notice on my 55 today.

Thats 8 weeks plus two working days.

On the way. Ill update when I get it

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
#3,299  
Travis,

I have started having issues out of my 3rd function valve. The allen head plugs on the sides of the valve have started coming loose randomly and leaking fluid all over the place. I've tightened them several times, and tightened to the point I fear I should tighten no farther, but they still come loose and leak.

I haven't taken them out to know if there is any sort of o-ring or seal in behind them that might need replaced, I thought you may be able to tell me? Otherwise, I wanted your recommendation on what sort of thread sealer to use to prevent them from coming loose? Am I being silly to worry about over-tightening them and should just crank em down?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Sorry, I saw this over the weekend and forgot until the thread was bumped overnight.
I emailed WR Long to get some advice and will let you know!
Travis

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,300  
The wait was well worth it. Ordered my 66" single lid wicked grapple on 5/17 and picked it up on 6/11. The grapple is made well and is rock solid. Hoses and couplings fit perfect. Can't wait for my TA 6900 Heavy Duty Post Hole Digger to a be shipped. Thank you Ted and company for making a great product.

IMG-0429.JPG