The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,301  
... "out for delivery"

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
#3,302  
Travis,

I have started having issues out of my 3rd function valve. The allen head plugs on the sides of the valve have started coming loose randomly and leaking fluid all over the place. I've tightened them several times, and tightened to the point I fear I should tighten no farther, but they still come loose and leak.

I haven't taken them out to know if there is any sort of o-ring or seal in behind them that might need replaced, I thought you may be able to tell me? Otherwise, I wanted your recommendation on what sort of thread sealer to use to prevent them from coming loose? Am I being silly to worry about over-tightening them and should just crank em down?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Here is the reply I got from Josh at WR Long concerning this.
"They can try some blue thread locker. They holes are there to cross drill the block so we can have 2 ports on the top and 2 ports on the bottom vs. 1 port on each side. Just makes for a cleaner install. Not sure why they would be backing out other then possible vibration which the thread locker should take care of. If they need another set of plugs with the orings I can send them a set. Let me know."

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,303  
Sorry, I saw this over the weekend and forgot until the thread was bumped overnight.
I emailed WR Long to get some advice and will let you know!
Travis

Thanks bunches! No worries on the timing, I'm as busy as you are (nearly). :)

#3,304  
The wait was well worth it. Ordered my 66" single lid wicked grapple on 5/17 and picked it up on 6/11. The grapple is made well and is rock solid. Hoses and couplings fit perfect. Can't wait for my TA 6900 Heavy Duty Post Hole Digger to a be shipped. Thank you Ted and company for making a great product.

Good news, David. :thumbsup:

The pic is just screamin Merica!!! :drink: :applause::united-states:
Travis

66singleYanmarYT347eees.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,305  
Now on the dock at the yard. The guys have looked it over and accepted it. Not sure when it will get brought down to me. Might be tomorrow... might be Friday... who knows. But its close!

From the pictures as best I can tell those appear correct quick connects. See my W R Long third function pictures also attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0065 (1).JPG
    IMG_0065 (1).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5853.JPG
    IMG_5853.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5608.jpg
    IMG_5608.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5607.jpg
    IMG_5607.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
#3,306  
Now on the dock at the yard. The guys have looked it over and accepted it. Not sure when it will get brought down to me. Might be tomorrow... might be Friday... who knows. But its close!

From the pictures as best I can tell those appear correct quick connects. See my W R Long third function pictures also attached.

Sweeeeeeet! :dance1: Good times, easy work and a happy Kioti 2610 comin up!! :drink:

Yes, looks like we're spot on with the couplers. :thumbsup:
Travis

IMG_0065 (1)s.jpg

IMG_0064s.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,307  
Delivered and working good.

Only thing I need to do is reverse the lines so make the operation more intuitive. As it sits now if you rock the top of the switch it closes and the bottom one opens the lid. So I find that a bit less natural of a movement. Im sure I could get used to it but why not just flip the lines. Its the luck of the draw in that respect which line does which. You can change it about anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
   / The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,308  
Delivered and working good.

Only thing I need to do is reverse the lines so make the operation more intuitive. As it sits now if you rock the top of the switch it closes and the bottom one opens the lid. So I find that a bit less natural of a movement. Im sure I could get used to it but why not just flip the lines. Its the luck of the draw in that respect which line does which. You can change it about anywhere.

1. With your tractor running ..... close the lid.

2. Shut Tractor off.

3. Turn key to “on”.

4. Operate the rocker switch, several times, in both direction.

5. This should remove pressure from the lid circuit.

6. Disconnect both grapple hoses.

7. Swap the quick disconnects on the grapple hoses.

8. Reconnect hoses.

9. Your lid will now open when you depress top side of rocker switch and close when you press bottom side.

EZ PZ

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #3,309  
Yep Easy... but to be clear to maybe others reading this... I cannot simply just swap the hoses. The Male and female hoses alternate so I have to actually remove the quick connect fittings from the hoses and swap them. I believe I stated that earlier and I believe thats also what your saying in more detail.

But things is I need to probably be ready with some more teflon tape when I do it etc. So Ill take care of that in the very near future. Should be really quick. If thats my only problem I got not much to complain about do I? LOL