Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor"

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor"
Do I need to trade in the tractor,,,,,,,,,, or do I need to trade in the mower?? :confused2:

They are both the same color, so I thought they would work together,,, :eek:

:laughing:

AND, YES, I have hung a tree with the corner of that mower,, and a few fence posts,,

I think the reason I do not have a problem, is that I never mow with a loader on the front of the tractor,,
Problem solved,,, :thumbsup:

picture removed
Definitely need a new tractor. Any time that's the question, the answer is always yes.

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #22  
A few years ago I purchased a new 5 foot cutter to mate with my MF 135. A year later I bought a Kubota L5460 and thought Dang now I need a 6 footer to cover my tracks? But I found the 5 footer definitely has it advantages as it is a couple of inches narrower than my tires and it doesnt snag on trees, vines, and fences so easily. In my mind I am thinking If the tractor can fit so can the mower.

I mow some pretty thick Bahai and it puts the 46 PTO HP Kubota on its knees at times even with the 5 footer. Besides more seat time too! I am retired so whats the rush?

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #23  
i run a woods six footer behind a seventy horse tractor with fwa,,, if i hit something that's solid enough to stop the tractor, well it stops and just sits and spins the tires ..
never worry about breaking it in half, that just silly ..
by the way, i mow i first low range, and anything the tractor will crawl over, it will cut ... up to three inch trees [from a decade of experience]

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #24  
Some people should not be using a tractor.

Well said!
Probably the same that wax weekly and get upset if there is a hint of weld splatter.
A tractor is a tool!
Do you wash and wax your picks and shovels?

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #25  
Kinda comes down to paying attention and commons sense don't it. :2cents:

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor"
Well said!
Probably the same that wax weekly and get upset if there is a hint of weld splatter.
A tractor is a tool!
Do you wash and wax your picks and shovels?

Uh, I don't wax the blades but do wash the mud and/or dirt off when I get done with them. Also, a little mineral or other oil occasionally applied on wooden handles helps them last longer. My father's barn holds a lot of hoes, rakes, and shovels which have been around for longer than I have, because they were all cared for.

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #27  
Declining skills with age is one point on this subject.

And/or don't operate when tired. I was tired the other day after some brush hogging, forgot to put the rops down when going in the too-short garage. Dang tractor sheered right in half, me and the gas tank ended up on the floor. Just kidding of course, garage door frame made the sickening splintering sound you know to dread :) Got some repair work to do now.

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #28  
Do I need to trade in the tractor,,,,,,,,,, or do I need to trade in the mower?? :confused2:

64Ia2C8.jpg

They are both the same color, so I thought they would work together,,, :eek:

:laughing:

AND, YES, I have hung a tree with the corner of that mower,, and a few fence posts,,

I think the reason I do not have a problem, is that I never mow with a loader on the front of the tractor,,
Problem solved,,, :thumbsup:

Yes they are both the same color but it's the wrong color :laughing::drink:

We brush hog with a few different units depending on the area;

Branson and 8 footer.jpg Magnum and bat wing.jpg NH T6050 and boom.jpg
and I don't have any pics of the skidsteer and brush hog,

then my flail;
mower 7.jpg

we really should get a little color matching going on, seems like nothing matches, Oh well:dance1:

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #29  
I really have to watch my off set bush hog and it only sticks out 1 foot.

/ Then he said "Don't buy a bush hog that's wider than the tractor" #30  
Buying a 10-foot rotary cutter was expensive enough... I wonder what I'd have to pay for a 10-foot wide tractor.