There ought to be a law .

/ There ought to be a law . #11  
You know what happens too is these clowns all have to blow the debris out towards the road. One time my Durango was peppered by crap thrown off a high bank over the road by a commercial mower another time I was hit by a rock while riding by on my motorcycle. When ever I go by someone mowing with the chute discharging towards the road I honestly I cover the side my face with my hand!

As a motorcycle rider, I hate it when they blow debris out into the road. In fact, when I'm in the truck and they still happen to be mowing close to the road. I speed up, drift to the right edge of my driving lane and let them have the crap swirl around their face for a few seconds.

/ There ought to be a law . #12  
You know what happens too is these clowns all have to blow the debris out towards the road. One time my Durango was peppered by crap thrown off a high bank over the road by a commercial mower another time I was hit by a rock while riding by on my motorcycle. When ever I go by someone mowing with the chute discharging towards the road I honestly I cover the side my face with my hand!

I slow/stop and wait. 90% of the time the mower will notice and stop for me to pass..

/ There ought to be a law . #13  
My property has a ditch I have to mow. It has a slope on both sides so it is easy to low the clippings into the bottom of the ditch. I hate to have clippings blown on my vehicles so I hate to do it to others. Not everyone feels the same way. At least most around here will stop their mower when you go by.

My wife was mowing well away from the house but she insisted on turning around on the gravel drive without stopping the blades. She noticed the broken outside pane on the kitchen window right where she stands when working at the sink. It was an eye opener.

/ There ought to be a law . #14  
When I delivered ice I fueled up at a Podunk truck stop. While my truck fueled I changed the prices on the sign for the lady that worked there. She was in her sixties and I was young so it was just nice of me to do it for her. One day she showed me a hole in the window that corresponded with a hole in a cooler door. A tractor mowing the highway median shot a rock out the side, across two lanes, their parking lot, and into store. She was doing paperwork about two ft. From hole. She told me she thought she was getting shot at. Sad part was a couple weeks later she was shot and killed in that station for $33.
Guess the moral is even guarded the fit can hit the Shan. (and by no means am I advocating less guarding)

/ There ought to be a law . #15  
Last time I mowed with the 'door' open - I blew a window out of my own truck! That's what you call getting hit in your own pocket :) No more 'open doors' for this guy.

/ There ought to be a law . #16  
Hello,
I'm sure we have enough laws, but that is a pet peeve of mine also. Lots of people are just stupid and what are you going to do with stupid. People should have enough sense to know that something flying out from under a mower could hit some thing or someone, but..............

MFWD

/ There ought to be a law . #17  
These custom cutters or anyone else mowing with the chute deflector pulled back , or off should go to jail .Jackass that mows the church across the street sent a projectile through my garagedoor window. That window is exactly eye level . What if a grandson or the wife had been standing there . If those machines won't mow with the flapper down , you need to look at something else . This is a peeve of mine and do not appreciate the arrogance and rudeness of it . Needless to say this fellow and myself had a rather rude discussion in front of the pastor . She just informed me he will not be mowing for them any longer . Got any comment's , I am pissed .
I agree with you 100% we see the same jacka$$ mowers around here too.coobie

/ There ought to be a law . #18  
we got to many laws.
One would have to wonder if you thought there were to many laws in place if it was one of your family members got hurt or killed by one of these dip sticks who mow like this?

/ There ought to be a law . #19  

I have a lot of road frontage and try to avoid this by mowing the first few passes in. I also do this by the driveways and farm lanes so as to not blow grass onto the roads and drives. Then I turn around and mow the normal way but even still the first pass I stop anytime I see a car coming just so I don't have any small stone or stick fly out and hit the vehicle. Never had any incidents and hope I never do. My mower cuts a 54" swath so I am quite a few feet away from the shoulder of the road by the time I change directions. It really isn't very hard to do and if you stay up with mowing your lawn it doesn't have much build up of grass unlike if you wait till it is too tall and thick before mowing.

/ There ought to be a law . #20  
Me personally I do have a bungie cord on my GT chute, because it hangs inordinately low so much so that the grass if it's even a little high (we are talking only 3.5 inches tall) the grass loads up in the deck relatively quickly and it doesn't cut cleanly. It's a design flaw that many who own the fabricated Husqvarna deck complain about and most cut the deflector itself back or remove it altogether. I didn't feel it was safe to do either so what I did was put a bungie on it that raises the end of the deflector about a half an inch. It's still only about 3 inches from the top of the deflector to the ground and it's still pointing towards the ground. That's all it takes to get the grass evacuating the deck a lot better. And it's a lot safer than what others have done with it. That said I always pay attention to my surroundings and when I mow by the road and I always point the deflector towards my place for the first 3 or 4 passes and then when I spin around if I see a car or a person I always stop and shut the deck off just in case. Even with the guard on anything can happen! When I see the fools that mow with the deflector pulled all the way up or missing all together I just cringe and I always tell my kids if they see that to stop and get out of harms way until the mower passes.