There ought to be a law .

/ There ought to be a law . #31  
Bottom line as I read it is that people should be responsible for their actions. To which I agree 100%!

But then again, I'm probably a bit weird - I think we need to reinstate chain gangs...

I worked in the prison system for 26 years. I agree with you.

/ There ought to be a law . #32  
we already have manslaughter laws.a injury liability lawsuit could bankrupt him.what more do you want?

/ There ought to be a law . #33  
Bankruptcy's nothing..

/ There ought to be a law . #34  
we already have manslaughter laws.a injury liability lawsuit could bankrupt him.what more do you want?

Not even gonna comment.You figure out what might happen?It,s a no brainer.coobie

/ There ought to be a law . #35  
The first time I mowed with our Kubota B2320 with the 60" MMM, it was in a fairly rough area near our pond, and I made sure that no one was within about 150' of me.

My boss (domestic supervisor) and her parents were standing by the other side of the pond with our Honda Fit parked nearby, and unfortunately (or actually really really fortunately) a rock blew out of the chute and through the hatch window of the Fit, ending up in the front footwell after breaking out the whole of the glass.

It was only about a 2" diameter rock, but I am sure it would have killed one of them had it hit them in the head. The tragectory was only about 20 degrees and about 15-20 short of where they were standing, so it was really only the grace of GOD that no one was injured.

From my point of view, even with a $150 deductible for my glass coverage, that was a cheap lesson to learn.

About 5 years ago, I found a shotgun slug embedded in the outside log wall of our house. The flat base of it was just barely sticking out of the wall, but it was hrad to miss because it was just at eye level and slightly to the side of our stoop, where I stand to call our dogs in every night. I had to pry it out with a pocket knife.

That side of our house faces woods that we own for about 100 yards, and after that another local's private woods that he allows no one to hunt, so it was either poachers or a spent round from farther away. The local sheriff deputies offered condolences, but said that it was just a "random thing" and of course, since there was no way to tell where it was from, there was nothing to be done....

What lesson can we carry away from this?

All I took away is that Life is too short and too precious, and can be taken away by random acts of chance.

God bless you all, and remember, duck at random intervals, who cares what others think...

Thomas

/ There ought to be a law . #36  
I've thought about this thread for a couple of days. My wife and I had been married about 3 years when we moved back to her home county. I had borrowed her dad's lawn mower to mow at the rental property where we were living. Being "careful" I checked the oil but didn't manage to put the dip stick back in properly. Apparently it came out of the dipstick tube and was thrown by the mower. It missed my bride by by a few feet and hit the side of the trailer.

Scared the poop out of me. She never knew it happened. We have a rule at our house, no mowing if someone is in the yard.

/ There ought to be a law . #37  
I remember taking at least one rock in the head when I was a kid. Also had a new car pounded while driving. People don't have enough respect for what a mower can do.

Some years ago my ex was driving a then new Nissan truck and it got hit in the driver side rear door (4 door truck) by a rock flung from a mower up next to the road. She turned around and showed it to the homeowner operating the mower. He was nice about it and eventually paid to have the sizable dent repaired. I believe the bill was a few hundred dollars, I bet he's a lot "mower careful" down around the road now LOL!!

/ There ought to be a law . #38  
My dad taught me from the earliest days you don't mow and blow it towards the road. We did however always mow with the guard up. I have used just about every mower there is and have yet to find one that distributes the grass good with the guard down.

/ There ought to be a law . #39  
My dad taught me from the earliest days you don't mow and blow it towards the road. We did however always mow with the guard up. I have used just about every mower there is and have yet to find one that distributes the grass good with the guard down.

Surprisingly my cub cadet gt1554 does a great job with the deflector down.

/ There ought to be a law . #40  
What lesson can we carry away from this?

All I took away is that Life is too short and too precious, and can be taken away by random acts of chance.

God bless you all, and remember, duck at random intervals, who cares what others think...

Thomas

But if you lean forward when you duck, you might be putting your head in the way of a projectile that would have otherwise missed you.

My advice, keep your head on a swivel and trust in the Lord :)