Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #11  
Indeed the suspension could be improved - that aside it's a great machine

Sales TAX? Your 6% is close to $700 wasted
Check oput Oregon Montana and a very few others we have 0.00% sales tax
I was lucky enough to purchased a new RV a few years back $150K cash zero sales tax would have been about $9,000 wasted @6%

Not sure about the ZD323 or ZD321 only looked at the ZD326 and ZD331
The 331 was a bit overkill for my application. I managed to get 14% off the Kubota web site MSRP plus they delivered it 180 miles away cost me $200 for the delivery

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #12  
Hey Messick,any idea if and when Kubota is going to copy the Ferris suspension ? Pretty sure it will be the year AFTER I buy a ZD 326 !:laughing:

I think Ferris has that patented so many ways no one else can do it. I am sure someone in this business would have knocked it off by now.

Really though, the suspension is noticable on the small frame machines... but once you get to something the size of a ZD with big tires and a fat seat the difference is not as apparent.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #13  
I'm also considering purchasing a ZD326. I got about a half dozen quotes today, the lowest was $12,700. If you do not take the 0% financing, there is a $500 rebate on top of that. I was hoping to see it closer to 12K, i've been told that there was just a 2-1/2% price increase.

On one hand, it is obscene to spend so much on a dedicated mower but we enjoy doing yardwork and the ZD326 will make my wife and me smile!

I'm a bit worried about its weight and destroying the yard. When I demo'd it, I dug up the yard in a number of locations. I'm assuming that this is a technique problem associated with trying to do a true zero diameter 180 degree turn.
Plus the time savings will give your wife more time for other chores.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #14  
Thanks Messick, guess that's why you don't see more of them with suspension .

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #15  
I like the Kudota diesels for their fuel economy but I also like the John Deere and the multch on demand feature they now have. Any chance Kubota will come up with something similar?

Never. Those end plugs for mulching tend to windrow the grass on the right hand side since the deck lacks the baffing needed to mulch properly. The corporate culture would never allow a 'feature' with comprimises like that.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower
Thanks all for the comments about zd mowers. I am at the closing point of pulling the trigger on a zd 326. My only last concern (I hope) is the weight of the mower, it is about 400-500 lbs more than my simplicity cobalt. Will the additional weight be hard on how my lawn looks? I have a fairly nice lawn, the other place I mow I don't care, but at home I do. I read someplace that the zd would eventually tear up your yard from the weight of the mower (not the turn aspect of the zd).

So please let me know, then if you say it looks okay after repeated mowing, I will be purchasing one real soon.

My simplicity cobalt has been an excellent mower, yard looks great when done, but had several repairs this year, so thought I would replace now.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks Kubotafan, the zd221 is a little to small for me, I do want the 60" deck with diesel engine. I like the 326, just concerned about the weight. Don't know what price you can get the zd221 for, but I have priced the zd326p for around the retail price of the zd221. Retired last year, thinking whatever I get will last a long time. That is why I am replacing the cobalt now. The cobalt is an excellent mower, don't want to downgrade is quality or size of mower. So I will either get the zd326 or just keep the cobalt (same as ferris).

Bill

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #18  
Both the weight and the skid steer tight turing radius do indeed need to be considered. If you are not careful it will tear up your pretty lawn. I learned by trial and error how to make the corners without digging a completely bare patch in my nice pretty lawn. The more pratice the better I get at it. Regarding the weight at 1,750lbs plus my 225lbs it's a lot of weight on a moist lawn. My soil is mostly sand and clay from a 15,000 year old lake, Lake Missoula. The weight has not been the issue the tight turns were ARE indeed an issue.

Last edited:
If I don't watch what I am doing, I can tear up the lawn with my cobalt, got that down pretty good, sometimes you do forget, then I hear it from someone.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #20  
"If I don't watch what I am doing, I can tear up the lawn with my cobalt, got that down pretty good, sometimes you do forget, then I hear it from someone."

And who might that "someone" be?
I have one of them myself had her for the past 37 years

The "retirement" thing is Fabulous did mine 8 years ago wish now I did it 20 years earlier. Either way I got out early at 50, Only problem was the $$$$ or lack of it back then keeping me from doing it at 40 or even 30

Why is it we either have loads of time and no money or loads of money and no time? Retirement is great now we have both!!!!!!!!