Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower
KJINTF,

Have you replaced your blades yet or got an extra set. I have the Gator G6 on my Cobalt, they are a great blade to my opinion. Can't find them for the 326 though. (looking ahead in case I buy). Wife (36 years) still works so I reported in at noon that I haven't bought yet, she doesn't care one way or the other.

Bill

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #22  
Bill

No, have not replaced them or even given them a thought just yet. However if you come up with a good deal on them post it for all of us. My ZD326 w/60" deck has a grand total of 9 hours on it after having it for 3 months. The Pacific North West weather this year has been a bit wet to say least, the 3 acre lawn needs more sun to grow. I need more seat time, but have other projects to keep me busy for the time being. Just got my B7100 front drive shaft back in good shape.

Still working, sorry to hear it, she needs to retire and enjoy life

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #23  
I've had my ZD326-P with 60" rear discharge for nearly a year now. This year the lawn is getting cut every 4 days with the wet spring and twice a week rain. I'm in my glory. Since I purchased this machine I love cutting the lawn!!! :D

You will tear up patches of lawn until you develope your technique. I still leave a skid patch or two now and then. This is a powerful machine. If you push too hard on the tillers you will spin the tires. :ashamed:

This machine is built like an M1 tank. Rides like one, too. But this machine will probably out last me.

Would I buy it again. With out a doubt I would. I can't tell you how happy I am with this mower. I feel like "King of the Hill" when I'm sitting on top of this wonderful machine. :thumbsup:

Mark thanks for the reply, do you have any inclines to mow on? I'm going to purchase either the 326 or a grasshopper 725dt this week.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #25  
Mark thanks for the reply, do you have any inclines to mow on? I'm going to purchase either the 326 or a grasshopper 725dt this week.

Yes. I have a nice bank next to my garage. It's about 35 degrees. I mow across, not up and down. I feel safer on the side tilt. The weight of the machine keeps it well planted to the ground. Conversely when I tried going up and down, I felt like I could flip over backwards, and slightly out of complete control when descending. Like someone said earlier, once you loose traction you loose control.

Since it was so wet this spring I experienced another issue the owners manual warns of. Side slip when turning. If you attempt to turn too fast on wet ground the tires break loose and the machine tends to slide sideways. Not to big a deal if you're in the middle of the yard, but I could see this becoming a real problem if you were doing something technical around a danger zone. (water, drop-off, etc.)

Like everyone else, I've been mowing lawns since I was big enough to push the reel mower. And I've had my share of riders. IH, JD, Toro. This is the highest class machine I've ever owned. Bar none. Just you gotta pay to play. $$$$$

I am also a big fan of the rear discharge pro-deck. Kubota did the baffles right so the clippings lay like a fine blanket. No wind row. I also don't get any clippings in the flower beds or the driveway. And safe; nothing gets thrown out of the chute that could hit someone. Some don't like rear discharge, but for me it's the best decision I made. I would make that a priority if I were to replace this unit.

Let me know what you decide. If you do pick this model, you won't regret it.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #26  
I think Ferris has that patented so many ways no one else can do it. I am sure someone in this business would have knocked it off by now.

Really though, the suspension is noticable on the small frame machines... but once you get to something the size of a ZD with big tires and a fat seat the difference is not as apparent.

I think Simplicity now owns Ferris and is using the Ferris suspension system on it's mowers.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #27  
Yes. I have a nice bank next to my garage. It's about 35 degrees. I mow across, not up and down. I feel safer on the side tilt. The weight of the machine keeps it well planted to the ground. Conversely when I tried going up and down, I felt like I could flip over backwards, and slightly out of complete control when descending. Like someone said earlier, once you loose traction you loose control.

Since it was so wet this spring I experienced another issue the owners manual warns of. Side slip when turning. If you attempt to turn too fast on wet ground the tires break loose and the machine tends to slide sideways. Not to big a deal if you're in the middle of the yard, but I could see this becoming a real problem if you were doing something technical around a danger zone. (water, drop-off, etc.)

Like everyone else, I've been mowing lawns since I was big enough to push the reel mower. And I've had my share of riders. IH, JD, Toro. This is the highest class machine I've ever owned. Bar none. Just you gotta pay to play. $$$$$

I am also a big fan of the rear discharge pro-deck. Kubota did the baffles right so the clippings lay like a fine blanket. No wind row. I also don't get any clippings in the flower beds or the driveway. And safe; nothing gets thrown out of the chute that could hit someone. Some don't like rear discharge, but for me it's the best decision I made. I would make that a priority if I were to replace this unit.

Let me know what you decide. If you do pick this model, you won't regret it.
I mow on hill side property which is one of the reasons I purchased the F3080 4wd. It's stable and has traction going up, down and across. I'm also to uncoordinated to use levers to steer with so stayed with the steering wheel that I'm used to.:)
I also have the rear discharge mowing deck(s) on two F mowers and believe from my experience that they lay the cuttings spread out more evenly than the side discharge, my experience. Experienced the same thing with a rear finish mower rear discharge on my tractors. Believe to many people are deciding against rear discharge mowers based on opinions of people that have never used them or dealers that have never personally used them. .

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #29  
I've just come off my ZD326 after mowing in the cool morning air.

As far a stability tha 1900 lbs does make it more stabil. Guys. I've taken the "ride of death" down a long steep hill on a Hustler ZTR. Totally out of control when it nosed over. Once we recovered the Hustler with the help of a backhoe I immediately found a hill with a safe place to practice sliding down hills. On the ride of death I wound up in a 3 foot ditch beside a busy street. Almost flipped it.

The problem with the ZD326, you will have to spend time with an attorney because it will need to be placed in your will.
I would say that I will buy another, but I can't replace something that last a lifetime.

Received my zd326p last night. Mowed until dark. Excellent mower. Will need to adjust the suspension seat a little for a better ride. This mower will last me a long time.

I want to also thank my dealer, Sparta Equipment Sales and Service in Okawville Il. This is the 2nd Kubota I have purchased from them. Always have been easy to deal with.

Bill