Buying Advice Thinking of a new Kubota

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #1  

WilliamK

Tractor
JD
Hello everyone, I have been reading posts on here for quite awhile and thought I should finally register. I have a JD 2320 right now that I use for mowing and snow blowing that was worked well.I just bought 25 more acres near my home that I'm planning to put a shop/man cave up this spring. At the new place I'm going to have about 1000 feet of driveway to maintain and remove snow from in the winter and I haven't decided how much I'm going to mow yet. I have been looking at different tractors as I want something with a cab and front mounted blower, also something bigger. I was pretty set on a JD 3720 with a cab until I looked at the Kubota Grand L 60 series. I realize this probably more tractor than I need but I'm not as young as I once was and my main concern at this point is my comfort, I'm tried freezing to death in the winter. I'm looking at a 4760 with a FEL, front mounted snow blowing and would get a 3 point finish mower. I'm looking for opions of the grand l series copared to other tractors, I feel that there is alot more features on the Kubota to make life easier. Thanks for any input.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #3  
Hello everyone, I have been reading posts on here for quite awhile and thought I should finally register. I have a JD 2320 right now that I use for mowing and snow blowing that was worked well.I just bought 25 more acres near my home that I'm planning to put a shop/man cave up this spring. At the new place I'm going to have about 1000 feet of driveway to maintain and remove snow from in the winter and I haven't decided how much I'm going to mow yet. I have been looking at different tractors as I want something with a cab and front mounted blower, also something bigger. I was pretty set on a JD 3720 with a cab until I looked at the Kubota Grand L 60 series. I realize this probably more tractor than I need but I'm not as young as I once was and my main concern at this point is my comfort, I'm tried freezing to death in the winter. I'm looking at a 4760 with a FEL, front mounted snow blowing and would get a 3 point finish mower. I'm looking for opions of the grand l series copared to other tractors, I feel that there is alot more features on the Kubota to make life easier. Thanks for any input.

There is no question that the Kubota Grand L series of tractors are great tractors. Some other brands are cheaper, but the Grand L's offer their class leading HST+ transmission that while other manufactures offer some of the features of HST+ but I don't think any of the others offer all of these features in one package. I believe you would be happy with a number of different brands, but there sure would not be anything wrong with going with the Kubota you have picked out. it all just boils down to how much money you have to budget, and what are your preferences.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #4  
Welcome to TBN.

I agree with James, there's variety out there. At least look around a little. I'm kinda brand conscious. I DO NOT believe "my" brands to be better than others. I believe they "fit" me better. You learn that by shopping around.

I always thought John Deere was the most user friendly and ergonomicly designed brand. Then they started having them built overseas and a LOT of that went away.

I prefer Kubota's design and ease of use. But that's just me.

Enjoy your shopping adventure and of course, post pictures when you nail it down!!! :)

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #5  
:welcome: do some price checking and sit your butt in a lot of seats before buying. You might be surprised what's out there.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #6  
I have an L5740 which is close to the L60 Series, the L60 has a bit bigger cab, brakes on the left, low mount tank and a couple of other things including you can get it with an air ride seat something you appreciate more the older you get. I really don't believe the 4760 will be too big. As mentioned by others, I don't view Kubota to be the "best", "best" for me but maybe not others, I really like the John Deere, Kioti. Massey Ferguson etc. equivalents.

The HST+ is great and worth the extra money for me, but it took a bit to get use to it, put as much seat time in as possible on the ones you think fit your needs and a winner will become apparent.

Good luck in your shopping.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #7  
The grand l series has a lot of bells and whistles. They are nice, but come with a hefty price. If I were you, I'd make sure that's what I wanted to get for my $. For that kind of money, I think you could be looking at an m series, which would be much more capable, or an MX, with fewer bells and whistles, but would do the job for thousands less.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #8  
The grand l series has a lot of bells and whistles. They are nice, but come with a hefty price. If I were you, I'd make sure that's what I wanted to get for my $. For that kind of money, I think you could be looking at an m series, which would be much more capable, or an MX, with fewer bells and whistles, but would do the job for thousands less.

The OP wants a cab, so the MX is out; good open station though and good value.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #10  
I have a L3560. I love the suspension, swivel seat and the Three Point Hitch telescoping and pin adjustable Lower Links. Mounting implements is a breeze.

I do not move a lot of material with the LA805 FEL, mostly I work in the woods. I have Kubota's SSQA L2296 Heavy Duty Round Back Bucket (495 pounds), which, on the LA805, is awesome at clearing out woods, both in itself and with a Ratchet Rake attached.

I think a horn should be standard on the open station Grand L's; a horn is standard with a cab. I mounted an aftermarket Stebel horn.

My only design complaint is the overly complex, mechanical "bucket level" indicator, which I wrecked the first day in Florida jungle. I removed it entirely. Bucket position should be an electronic display, NOT mechanical.

I am 66 and decided I deserved a 'Grand L' as my third tractor experience.

Attachments

• DSC00132.jpg
    DSC00132.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 299
Last edited: